Nvidia GT 710 - GTA V

Ragu24

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016
Hi,

I see a lot of videos on youtube demonstrating GT 710 playing GTA V. Is that possible ? I have Core i3 2120 CPU and 4GB of RAM. If I am buying GT 710 graphics card can it play GTA V at 720p in medium detail ?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
With 1 GB of VRAM ?
MIN SPECS: GeForce 9800 GT (1 GB RAM) ... that's surprising ...
Should work. As much as it feels wrong, should work :) but closer to min specs, also it will not take on other modern games.
if you want to play anything else I would say get at least ASUS GeForce GT 730 or if possible 1030
1030 with med setting is 70 fps (twice the price though).

Lots of bad info on YT, seems to be a lot more lately too.

I wouldn't recommend getting a GT 710, it's NOT a gaming card and won't even break 1,000 points on the Fire Strike Graphics score.

With your system specs I seriously doubt it will play GTA at 720p with Med detail with any sort of performance if you get a GT 710.

^^This. Anyone can make up anything on Youtube when it comes to a so-called game benchmark video. Not long ago there was a guy here upset after buying a GTX 1050 who was upset that his games weren't running as fast as were shown in some YT videos - with the same general hardware and game settings referenced in the videos.

You are setting yourself up for disappointing results on your own hardware by trusting non-professional benchmarks on hardware and games. Hardware review sites like Tom's have test standards they adhere to for consistency.

Ragu24

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am planning to get a GTX 1050 TI and how will that play the game. I have upgraded the RAM to 8GB. Now how many FPS will I get and on which settings I can play the game. Will I be able to play the game in 1080p at very high settings or 900p at very high settings ?

Ragu24

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016

I am planning to get a GTX 1050 TI and how will that play the game ?

Should be fine, your CPU will be holding you back some so run the in game benchmarks and adjust settings as needed.

Should play very well.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS