Nvidia GT206 and GT212 Spotted in ELSA Roadmap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funnt. They had the top cards for a long time. We got very little info before G200 was resleased, and by that I mean 5-6 months ahead. Now its seems, they cant stop all these "leaks" heheh

bpogdowz

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
[citation][nom]bpogdowz[/nom]Sounds like just a die shrink. Higher clocks same ammount of pixel shaders. The time to buy a GTX 280 has finally come. Thank you Nvidia. *hopes for a double on one PCB*[/citation]

hsew

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
If I were just a plain consumer who didn't know any better, I'd have thought that the GTX280 would certainly be faster than the GT212 (Based on the name).

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
Except that GT212 will not be it's name =) I would expect GTX290. GT212 is chip code like GTX260-280 are GT200. Plain consumers won't know the new boards will be same as the GT212, they will see GTX290 and know it is faster then GTX280 (or should be).

hannibal

Distinguished
Hmmm... I was expecting gt200 series low and middle range versions first. Surprising that they desided to forget them completely this time.
It seems to be so, that NVidia does not believe that their low end versions would sell well enough, if their high end products are not in the Top?
Or is it so that 4650 and 4670 are too good, so it's no use of releasing gt200 series middle range versions, but skip directly to next generation?

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
[citation][nom]hannibal[/nom]Hmmm... I was expecting gt200 seiries low and middle range versions first. Surprising that they desided to forget them completely this time. It seems to be so, that NVidia does not believe that their low end versions would sell well enough, if their high end products are not in the Top?Or is it so that 4650 and 4670 are too good, so it's no use of releasing gt200 series middle range versions, but skip directly to next generation?[/citation]

Yeah about that... they probably realized that with the enormous die size they won't be able to produce cost-effective "value" offerings based on the GT200 for the time being, so they are probably skipping the whole thing and basing their value segment around the G9x based cards.

That's the only smart thing they've done so far in the past few months if you ask me...

Status
Not open for further replies.