Question Nvidia GTX 1650Ti stuck at 300mhz clock speed

Mar 20, 2021
I recently (December 2020) bought an Acer Nitro 5 with the 1650Ti GPU. However after updating the graphic drivers via GeForce Experience, i noticed a significant drop in fps (150 to 12 lol). Unaware of what could cause the problem, i simply jsut rolled back the driver and everything was fine. I also did not upgrade the drivers afterward in fear of the problem recurring. Last week however, when the new driver was released, i accidentally okayed it as i was in a class and in a rush to get it off the screen. The problem came back and I cannot seem to fix it. Do note Im not a tech expert so im not really sure why this is happening. After many attempted fixes and diagnosing I think i narrowed it down to the gpu's internal throttling since the voltage caps at 0.6V. This is also my first gaming laptop so its kinda bumming me that i now cannot play any games since the issue arose. ANY and ALL help will really be appreciated. Here is a list of things I did in trying to undo this problem.

1. Adjust Power Settings
  2. Reset Laptop (about like 5times)
  3. Uninstall GPU drivers using DDU and Reset Laptop then reinstall older versions of Drivers (I did it with each driver version available for the GPU)
  4. Uninstall GPU drivers using DDU and Nvidia Clean up Tool then Reset Laptop then reinstalled older versions of Drivers (also with each version)
  5. Tried to Use Afterburner to Overclock
  6. Uninstall GPU and Integrated drivers using DDU and Reset laptop then reinstall older versions of Drivers. (also with each version)
  7. Tried connecting a gaming monitor and attempting all the previous 6.

The one thing I haven't tried and hesitant to is flashing the BIos of the GPU. If anyone has any ideas how to solve, im all ears.

Mar 20, 2021
I have solved my problem with a very simple solution....... I plugged the laptop directly into the wall.... I never use my laptops on the battery so it never crossed my mind. But the surge protector was faulty and undervolting the laptop. further to that i believe most surge protector/ power strips are 12 A while a direct socket is 20 A. Hope this helps anyone who went a lil bit crazy as i did