I recently (December 2020) bought an Acer Nitro 5 with the 1650Ti GPU. However after updating the graphic drivers via GeForce Experience, i noticed a significant drop in fps (150 to 12 lol). Unaware of what could cause the problem, i simply jsut rolled back the driver and everything was fine. I also did not upgrade the drivers afterward in fear of the problem recurring. Last week however, when the new driver was released, i accidentally okayed it as i was in a class and in a rush to get it off the screen. The problem came back and I cannot seem to fix it. Do note Im not a tech expert so im not really sure why this is happening. After many attempted fixes and diagnosing I think i narrowed it down to the gpu's internal throttling since the voltage caps at 0.6V. This is also my first gaming laptop so its kinda bumming me that i now cannot play any games since the issue arose. ANY and ALL help will really be appreciated. Here is a list of things I did in trying to undo this problem.
- Adjust Power Settings
- Reset Laptop (about like 5times)
- Uninstall GPU drivers using DDU and Reset Laptop then reinstall older versions of Drivers (I did it with each driver version available for the GPU)
- Uninstall GPU drivers using DDU and Nvidia Clean up Tool then Reset Laptop then reinstalled older versions of Drivers (also with each version)
- Tried to Use Afterburner to Overclock
- Uninstall GPU and Integrated drivers using DDU and Reset laptop then reinstall older versions of Drivers. (also with each version)
- Tried connecting a gaming monitor and attempting all the previous 6.