[SOLVED] NVIDIA GTX 650 1GB GDDR5 ON OPTIPLEX 790

Nov 16, 2019
Hello dear friends, today I bring you a question that maybe more than one could help me, I need to know if there is any modification in the bios for the computer type dell optiplex 790 in which I can insert the nvidia gtx 650 1gb gddr5, now I see that the port pcie is limited to 35 watts and therefore does not let me put this video card,whem im put the video card gtx 650 the computer dont show any video in the monitor, I currently have a nvidia gt 520 1gb ddr3 of low profile, I need to know if I can do something to be able to insert this card in this dell computer, please I urgently need your help, I would be very grateful from Jose =)

Solution
hi my power supply have 600 watts but i think not can work with this card maybe the pcie its bloked to 35watts and the gtx 650 need 60 watts thanks in advance =)
The exact make and model is important, otherwise, I have no idea about the unit's quality, or the cables it comes with, and whether you can continue to use it, or with a new gpu, etc...
At the moment, what I DO know, is that your only options are 30w, or less, low power cards with the current motherboard.
'600w psu' gives us nothing to work with. Turn the PC off, open the case up, and find the label with the model info on it. Example: Corsair RM650X
Nov 16, 2019
hi my power supply have 600 watts but i think not can work with this card maybe the pcie its bloked to 35watts and the gtx 650 need 60 watts thanks in advance =)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The exact make and model is important, otherwise, I have no idea about the unit's quality, or the cables it comes with, and whether you can continue to use it, or with a new gpu, etc...
At the moment, what I DO know, is that your only options are 30w, or less, low power cards with the current motherboard.
'600w psu' gives us nothing to work with. Turn the PC off, open the case up, and find the label with the model info on it. Example: Corsair RM650X

Solution