Nvidia Helping Devs Port Titles to Tegra-Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

blibba

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
...promises five times the performance than what's currently offered...

On a more serious note, I'm interested to see how this widely predicted blurring of the line between desktop and mobile devices will occur. Obviously, in the desktop, a processor may reasonable use hundreds of times more power than its mobile counterpart, and most people, who want the most powerful computer that they can afford to own and run, would want it to.

kronos_cornelius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
A more open arch (ARM), and a more open OS (Android), projected to be the number one platform in 5 years ? I think it can happen, although during some points in my life time, seen the traction that MS and Apple can get, I thought I'd never see the day.

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
"The news follows previous reports that the GPU giant had joined Microsoft in resigning from the PC Gaming Alliance (PCGA).Nvidia's departure from the PCGA seemingly indicates its primary focus on the Tegra platform"

Who cares ? We have AMD

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
I chucked an old XFX GTX 280 with 1gb of memory & gddr3 into my old gigabyte x58-ud4 with an intel 965 at 3.2GHz stock standard & I'll tell you what,it looks better on my xp home operating system compared to my old saphire ati radeon hd 4890 with 1gb of memory,gddr5...This is all hooked up to a 42 inch sony lcd screen,but only has 720 instead of 1080...I bought the lcd quite a few years ago,about the a year after it's first release...

Status
Not open for further replies.