Nvidia Ion Microsoft Approved; Due in Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Stoner

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
Sweet. I might make one of these the center of my HTPC if performance is good enough. I hope they enable PCIe, increase the number of SATA ports and have enough other resources for more add in cards.

LATTEH

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
[citation][nom]pwndcake[/nom]I really, really hope you meant "peace of mind."[/citation]

i think they have been playing to much left 4 dead LOL

well arent we all?

yoda8232

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]LATTEH[/nom]i think they have been playing to much left 4 dead LOLwell arent we all?[/citation]
ROFLMAO.

G

I read the ion platform had 5x the graphic power of the original Atom N270 & Intel GMA chipset.
I didn't know there had been benchmarks made of the N280/GN40 already, and I would love to see them.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]I read the ion platform had 5x the graphic power of the original Atom N270 & Intel GMA chipset.I didn't know there had been benchmarks made of the N280/GN40 already, and I would love to see them.[/citation]

The claim by Nvidia is probably based on some sort of internal numbers. Hopefully we will have some sort of review/comparison up soon.
-Devin

Humans think

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
I hope they will include HDMI/DVI out along with an optical audio out conector. This way it would be a must have addition for my living-room + the small form factor. I could replace the MacBook used for this job and enjoy real audio :p

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I hope the release a couple version of the motherboard for us builders. I have some ideas that would really benefit from the Ion platform.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Humans think[/nom]I hope they will include HDMI/DVI out along with an optical audio out conector. This way it would be a must have addition for my living-room + the small form factor. I could replace the MacBook used for this job and enjoy real audio[/citation]
The nvidia reference box that tomshardware showed us recently had dvi and I think also optical audio out ... so don't worry about those features :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS