[SOLVED] NVIDIA is working on a GTX 1650 Ti GPU, for an October launch !! *new info*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

One leak has just been published on an Asian website.

Rumour has it that Nvidia has plans to add a new entry into its Turing graphics card lineup, this time adding to the company's lower-end GTX range of GPU hardware.

Nvidia's next chip is rumoured to be called the GTX 1650 Ti, a graphics card which will sit between the GTX 1650 and GTX 1660, acting as a mid-way point between the two. The chip is rumoured to feature a CUDA core count of between 896 and 1408, enabling performance levels which could match or exceed Nvidia's last-generation GTX 1060 graphics card.

At this time, little is known about Nvidia's GTX 1650 Ti, though it is rumored to be released sometime in late September or early October.

This graphics card will fill a major gap in Nvidia's low-end GPU lineup, a space which is being exploited by low-cost RX 570 and RX 580 graphics cards from AMD.
To sit between Nvidia's GTX 1650 and GTX 1660, Nvidia's GTX 1650 Ti would need to feature between 1024 and 1280 CUDA cores. Nvidia graphics cards tend to offer CUDA cores in collections of 128, making 1024, 1152 and 1280 CUDA core counts possible. Ultimately, it depends on kind of silicon Nvidia plans to use to create its GTX 1650 Ti.

AMD is rumoured to be working on a low-end Navi graphics card to compete with Nvidia's GTX Turing offerings, making the creation of a GTX 1650 Ti a solid move for the green team. The GTX 1650 Ti could act as a counter to Radeon's low-end Navi graphics cards, or at a minimum solidify Nvidia's position in the low-end GPU market.

http://www.fashaoyou.net/Article/1543/94385.html

Thanks for reading. And translate the above website.

Solution
I think people started buying 2 cheap GPUs instead of 1 high end one, so AMD and Nvidia disabled multigpu support on lower-end GPUs.

personally i think that might not the reason. if user end up buying two GPU nvidia and AMD still end up selling more anyway. and those that buy low end or mid range GPU probably never dream of spending on buying high end GPU in the first place either. at the very least i think this will be the case for majority of people. the problem lies on this: will spending the money for two GPU will going to worth the performance it will bring despite the drawback of such system? ideally we want two low end GPU to outperform mid range GPU while cost lest to buy those two. same rule with mid range GPU. for the...
You are welcome. I agree competition is really good and necessary these days. NVDIA has always targeted the high-end flagship GPU market, but this move shows their plans to capture the mid-range, and low-end GPU market as well.

But the competition is going to be very tough.

Some more update and proof.

This info was spotted by Komachi on the information portal of the Eurasian Economic Union where the GTX 1650 Ti is mentioned alongside the GTX 1650, 1660, 1660 Ti and the Supers.

The manifesto is quite recent too. These look like EVGA’s products being shipped to the US from Shanghai, China. Nothing can be said for sure, but considering the source, it’s highly likely that the 1650 Ti will be debuting soon. This makes sense when you consider that AMD is also prepping the lower-end RX 5500/5600 (Navi 14) cards for launch, as indicated by recent leaks.

Capture11.png

Reactions: WildCard999
I think it will surely require an external power connector/PEG/PCI-E, since it is a Ti variant. Even the RX 570 requires a single 6-PIN cable, if I'm not mistaken ?

Nvidia cannot keep the price of this Ti GPU higher than AMD's current lineup, RX 570. IF they do, then they would be having hard time capturing the mid/low-end GPU market.

Thanks for the info.

I would like to see Nvidia more competitive in the lower end GPU market but everything they have (besides the GT series) is above $150 which makes it pointless compared to the RX 570/580. If they can get near RX 570 performance for around $130 then they can finally have something worthwhile recommending.

how do i said it....we might see nvidia offering cannot go head to head with AMD in the low end/ lower mid range segment pricing but for years the one that causing that competitive pricing to exist for us in that segment is nvidia. why those RX570 to RX590 got so cheap right now? because when nvidia launch 1660Ti roughly at the same price as RX590 but the performance that being offered is faster than what AMD put out. not just slightly faster but like 20 to 30 percent faster than what AMD is offering. this in turn will cause AMD to drop price to counter. but nvidia never chase AMD to be the price/performance champion in this segment.

maybe this is the most ideal situation for us in this market. because imagine if nvidia also dropping their price let's say 1660Ti for $200 to compete with RX590 then what will happen to AMD? drop the price further? they already have hard time selling their GPU (70% sales go with nvidia). if they being pushed that aggressive by nvidia maybe AMD will stop selling discrete GPU to consumer and focus solely on semi custom and professional market only.

we really need another player for GPU market but the market is already cut throat as it is. we have several GPU maker in the 90s serving the PC market now there is only two of them (three if you want to count intel in).

But if it still needs a 6 pin/8 pin, costs more than an rx 570, and performs about the same, whats the point?

If it didnt need a 6 pin that would justify its existence, even if it is nearly as pricy as a 1660.

the point is to make AMD life even harder :) . remember nvidia got that brand power to sell their product that AMD still lacking.

about power maybe nvidia can fit the power budget within 75w with aggressive tuning. remember GTX950? that GPU is rated as 90-100 watt GPU. then they made one without 6 pin power connector that only negatively impact performance in 3 to 4 percent range against normal GTX950.

I think it will surely require an external power connector/PEG/PCI-E, since it is a Ti variant. Even the RX 570 requires a single 6-PIN cable, if I'm not mistaken ?

Nvidia cannot keep the price of this Ti GPU higher than AMD's current lineup, RX 570. IF they do, then they would be having hard time capturing the mid/low-end GPU market.

to be honest i don't think nvidia have hard time capturing more market in this performance tier. they already own the market despite what some people believe. i dare to bet nvidia sells more GTX1050ti than what AMD can with RX570 despite the price advantage. and that happen not because of fanboyism towards nvidia.

to be honest i don't think nvidia have hard time capturing more market in this performance tier. they already own the market despite what some people believe

I was talking about the low-end or mid-range GPU market, not high-end (where NVIDIA is still the leader/king). The RX 570 poses a threat to Nvidia, because of it's better price/perf ratio as well.

Actually some of the Gamers, not all, have this notion that NVIDIA is a superior brand, and this brand loyalty REALLY sells, IMO. AMD has always been a peasant's dream though.as many claim.

I'm fine with both of these vendors. I just got for that GPU which offers me the best bang for buck, But yes, we seriously need a THIRD GPU competitor soon.

Hopefully next year INTEL might come up with it's discrete XE GPU lineup, but Raja claimed that these won't target the high-end market, just the "mainstream".

Some UPDATE.....News confirmed by Videocardz, so it's legit and can be trusted, despite it being a rumor.

According to the report from MyDrivers, NVIDIA is planning to introduce GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER and GeForce GTX 1650 Ti at the same time as AMD is planning to launch Radeon RX 5600 series (which is believed to be feature Navi 14 GPU).

The GTX 1660 SUPER is said to offer GDDR6 memory instead of GDDR5, but the core count for the SUPER variant and existing non-SUPER SKU would remain the same.

The GTX 1650 Ti, on the other hand, is reportedly going to offer either 1024 or 1152 CUDA cores. This would put the new SKU between GTX 1660 with 1408 cores and GTX 1650 non-Ti with 896 cores.

https://videocardz.com/newz/rumors-...40-chipset-gtx-1660-super-h470-and-navi-nitro

the point is to make AMD life even harder :) . remember nvidia got that brand power to sell their product that AMD still lacking.

about power maybe nvidia can fit the power budget within 75w with aggressive tuning. remember GTX950? that GPU is rated as 90-100 watt GPU. then they made one without 6 pin power connector that only negatively impact performance in 3 to 4 percent range against normal GTX950.

As you said, Nvidia can sell those cards with their brand alone so there's no reason to drop the pricing as they would only be reducing their profits.
AMD i think mostly is just dumping their old mining gpu stock at bargain bin pricing to empty out the warehouses before they release something new.

AMD i think mostly is just dumping their old mining gpu stock at bargain bin pricing to empty out the warehouses before they release something new.
And I can't complain about them doing this. Used prices are insane value, hence why I own the GPU I do.

They are really due for a new product for the $100, $175, and $250 segment.
Polaris is aging. While it is 14nm, it draws a lot of power.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
And I can't complain about them doing this. Used prices are insane value, hence why I own the GPU I do.

They are really due for a new product for the $100, $175, and $250 segment.
Polaris is aging. While it is 14nm, it draws a lot of power.
The cheaper Navi 14 gpus are likely coming soon followed by the big Navi 20 early next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.