Nvidia Lists GameReady Drivers For 'Witcher 3,' Adds Windows 10 Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly no win10 update for my GTX570. As if I didn't have enough reason to upgrade! Why or why did I quit my job to go back to school? Now I am cash poor and won't be able to buy any toys for another year... grr.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
Good job Nvidia. Now let's see if AMD can come up with the goods.

why would amd need to?
i have everything set to ultra besides shadow, and turned off hair works and some post effects i hate, on a phenom 955 no oc, 8gb ddr2 and a 280X factory oc, im getting 40-50fps outside of towns, and if i go in i get around 30, if i turn the background actors to high instead of ultra i would get 40...

also, i don't install beta drivers, so i have whenever omega launched as my drivers...

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Marketing :) A driver should work with any game out there, but when it comes to AAA titles they come up with this "X GAME READY DRIVER" seriously ? Have you ever heard NVIDIA / AMD pull out a driver that is ready for a new Indie game release ? :) Don`t be naive guys ...

nirrtix

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012
Ohim I do agree it is a marketing tool... they never make them for indie games. This driver works for any game but they tuned it to work well with that specific game...

You have apparently never played a AAA title that did not have optimized/fixed drivers for it. While it is marketing to a point, there is very real work and optimizations that go into these new drivers.

How many Indie games have you played that are big enough to need any kind of optimization? Most of them run fine with onboard video.

nirrtix

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012
Caeden I am not sure he did not mean there are no optimizations for those games or other games. I meant they make extra work on those game ready games, while doing other optimizations for everything else. No doubt it is marketing, but I am not against that.

As far as indie games needing optimization there are plenty that do. You must not play many indie games. I know of plenty non indie games that got optimization that did not need it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.