Nvidia May Be Reviving its Old ''Ti'' Marker

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
yea I think I'm going to put one in my laptop.

But seriously they should think about using this in a next-gen console, could you imagine what it could do? I mean think about what a gimped 7900GT can do for the ps3. A 560 with a solid cpu and 4GB of RAM, I mean I could only imagine how much better it would be.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I actually did some research and seems like its true. There are even leaked pics of benchmarks etc. All showing same specs and the Ti suffix. So its true I bet. Not high bet but I do bet on it :p

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
But the important thing here is: what does the "Ti" moniker actually mean in this day and age ?

What special feature does it have compared to a non "Ti" card ? Or is "Ti" just another form of differentiating between cards, meaning this is a better card ? Sort of "GTX +" ?

G

[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]So is there an MX version with no stream processors?[/citation]

high 5

bsbsbsbs

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
My old Nissan Skyline was a Ti. At the time it meant 15inch mag wheels, velour trim, cruise control, colour coded bumper bars, and a trip computer.

In saying that Ti could only mean it's a better card. maybe it will Chrome exhaust fans, gold plated dvi's, and stickers to give it extra kilowatts wait I mean megahertz.

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Rapper. TI gone graphic card? Is this like when ludacris tried to save the pontiac solstice? Probably not...but I can't wait till the 25th in all seriousness. 2 of those cards are going to be a nice addition. I would have gone 460 but the vapor coolers made me hold off til these are out :).

scrumworks

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Nvidia marketing guys run out of tricks so they use old material. Seems that they'll lose AMD counterparts and have to compensate with big names like "Titanium", "Ultra", and "Mega". And sadly that works.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Ah... the nVidia marketing team, doing their NORMAL Work to come up with more crap to show they are "working"... blah blah. Skipping series (What happened to the 380GTX... oh yeah, its called the 400 series. And the 580... a fixed 480... grrrr, they could have gone with the "Geforce 490" and it would made more sense.

Meaningless naming just gets worse every year!

GTX / GT = means nothing. As ALL model cards have numbers.
TI / Pro / Ultra = means nothing. As ALL model cards have numbers.

"Geforce 580" is all that is needed. GTX is useless unless there is a "580GT and 580GTX".

Now the letters mean something if they had no numbers.

Gefore 5-GTX
Gefore 5-GT
Gefore 5-Pro
Gefore 5-MX

But we know that is already limiting as some customers may not know what is better, an MX or Pro?

AMD will hopefully stay smarter (They ROYALLY screw up with the 6800/6900 cards because of COMPLETE MORONS in their marketing/manangement... what they do, hire someone from Nvidia?)

"GeForce GTX 560 Ti" is stupid. There are NO "GeForce GTX 560" so it might as well not have the "TI". With the GF3~GF4 cards, the TI cards had a feature and design process.

The whole thing is stupid... and why I don't buy GeForce cards anymore.

rdhood

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
Who cares?

To the end user, it is a card naming convention. That the card has some architectural feature that is reflected in the naming convention is meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.