Nvidia Merges nForce and Tegra Teams Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicklasd87

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
if they win it perpetuates the cycle, and the consumer still looses because companies are putting money toward legal fees instead of R&D

hluna52180

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
The freedom for a company to develop their own creative technology solutions should be paramount. Nvidia should not be encumbered by now-dead agreements with Intel that benefited both of them years ago. The tech world has changed and Intel is dipping its toes into the graphics pool. Only fair that Nvidia do the same with the CPU waters. Nvidia will win in court.

ceteras

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2008
What happens if nvidia wins?
Their MCP team will long be gone, those people cannot just switch teams that easyly.
Until then, let's hope that the bigger Tegra team will kick some ass in the mobile soc market.
I already love the Tegra concept, here's for a badass Tegra3!

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
[citation][nom]nicklasd87[/nom]if they win it perpetuates the cycle, and the consumer still looses because companies are putting money toward legal fees instead of R&D[/citation] No the consumer wins because Intel is a anti competitive monopoly that's been found guilty enough to settle out of court on multiple occasions all ready.

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
[citation][nom]nicklasd87[/nom]if they win it perpetuates the cycle, and the consumer still looses because companies are putting money toward legal fees instead of R&D[/citation]

If nVidia wins, Intel might even think of integrating USB3 into their chipsets.

That's what you get with a monopoly, what they say goes.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Even if nVidia wins, Intel probably won't sign more contracts with them when the current deal is over, at least not willingly. So nVidia looses anyway. nVidia is in a position where Intel has to be found guilty of being a monopoly to force Intel to sign contracts with them by the state department. Sucks for nVidia. Sucks for consumers.

Kary

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
Is anyone working on a CUDA accelerated x86 emulator? If so, that could be funny :)

Also, moving chipset makers into a System On a Chip development team seems like a pretty natural thing to do..same work, different scale.

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
dang, I wish I was a lawyer. I'd never have to worry about loosing my job.
If I get fired, just play for the other team. Intel, Apple, Nvida, MS, they all got deep pockets.

G

Nvidia should partner with IBM and release their own CPU. Then they should make chipsets only for AMD and themselves. And should also not support Intel chipsets with their graphics products. Then things will be much closer to a level playing field IMO. Intel will have the worst graphics performance lmao!

manitoublack

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]hluna52180[/nom]The tech world has changed and Intel is dipping its toes into the graphics pool. [/citation]
intel sell more graphics chips then AMD/Nvidia combined (by some margin.) Even though they're all integrated and rather lackluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.