News Nvidia, Microsoft Supply Chains Start to Recover

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
So they haven't really learned their lesson here and plan to continue relying on a single supply chain going into the future. They even fell for the propaganda that China has the pandemic under control. They just stopped testing for the virus and haven't been reporting on the actual impact its having. This is why they kicked out journalists earlier.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
So they haven't really learned their lesson here and plan to continue relying on a single supply chain going into the future.
That would be a longer-term project. Right now, I'm sure they're just trying to meet existing commitments.

They even fell for the propaganda that China has the pandemic under control.
Huh? Such a pandemic isn't something you can hide. Even in China. There's no way they're covering it up.

What China is actually doing is quarantining everyone who enters, in order to avoid re-importing the virus.

Also, they just re-opened Wuhan, the province that was the epicenter of their outbreak.

Might want to rethink where you get your news...

This is why they kicked out journalists earlier.
No, it was supposedly a response to the US labeling 5 Chinese news outlets as Foreign Missions. However, I'm sure it had to do with a lot of things, not least of all recent coverage of the Uighur camps in Xinjiang. China also reacted harshly to a recent WSJ op-ed that labelled it "the sick man of Asia".

It's really not surprising, though. If you look at it from China's perspective, most of the news reported by foreign journalists has been negative towards it, lately. Not to say I think the journalists are biased, when actually, a lot of negative things have been happening there.

Last edited: