News Nvidia on GeForce RTX 30 Shortages: We Don't Get Enough Chips

btmedic04

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2015
Showed up online when I checked about 20 minutes ago. Also limited 3060tis in Cleveland. 463060tis in Columbus.

Cleveland Microcenter showed 126+ 3060 Tis before the store opened. If you refresh on a slow connection, it sometimes will show you total numbers. As of right now at 11:31 all 9 SKUs are still in stock

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I see some 3060 Ti models at Microcenters in Maryland today, but they're all priced as if they're 3070s. Way too expensive for such disappointing performance and limited VRAM. You have to go to the store and pick them up -- no reservations or online sales. I like how Microcenter is handling this, but those prices are a big nope.

I'm waiting to see how the 6700 XT pans out, and if there is any news on a 3070 Ti. I've been thinking of getting an Index, so getting a stronger GPU is on my wishlist.

Nvidia needs to get it together. Find a way to sell to gamers....not miners, streamers, scalpers....gamers. You know, the people who actually use the GPUs for their intended purpose and buy up tons of gaming industry products. I'd be way happier with a reservation and queue system than the current free-for-all product drops.

Last edited:

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I see some 3060 Ti models at Microcenters in Maryland today, but they're all priced as if they're 3070s. Way too expensive for such disappointing performance and limited VRAM. You have to go to the store and pick them up -- no reservations or online sales. I like how Microcenter is handling this, but those prices are a big nope.
Seeing the same at my local one. Two 3070 skus as well. Interesting most are MSI boards across the 7 skus of RTX 30 cards in stock. Hopefully they get some AMD chips to. BF weekend wrecked them for PC parts stock across the board.