Nvidia Optimization

ahem

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
I got a Nvidia 9500 gt w/ 1gb of DDR2 dedicated RAM. I didn't do ay research before buying, and when I checked later, I found out that it isn't that great of a card. However, it is the best Nvidia card I can get becase the rest need 6 pin/ 8 pin connectors and i don't have those. I Dont want to switch to ATI because of driver horror stories, but if the perfromance difference is so much. If there is any way to optimize the VC to somewhat close the performance gap, then plz let me know. i want to do some video photo sound editing, and be able to play games like COD4 only pretty high graphics. Any reccomendations?

Solution
If you can, return the card. Get at least one that has gddr3, also, all those stories about ATI drivers arent true, anymore than if you started pollong nVidia owners about their problems.
My advice, return for something better
If you can, return the card. Get at least one that has gddr3, also, all those stories about ATI drivers arent true, anymore than if you started pollong nVidia owners about their problems.
My advice, return for something better

Solution
Not you ahem, it was more being an nVidia request, and my reluctance to offer ATI.
Unfortunately, every once in awhile, as we try to help someone, we end up getting chewed out, as some people already have their minds made up, and unless your advice doesnt fit theirs exactly, well....there you have it