Prominent
Nov 13, 2020
Hi i posted it already but i didn t receive exact answer
discrete - Geforce GTX 1050
on board - Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
it's HP pavilion gaming laptop 15 - cx0xxx
Processor - i5-8300H
https://prnt.sc/10l2i3e
Im interesting if i put on physx GtX 1050 it affects something? Or should i leave it auto
I need exact answer

Turn it on and see if performance is degraded beyond 1-3 %...

My understanding was that PhysX calculations are no big deal nowadays, unlike 15 years ago when a second GPU was often used to offload those calculations alone...

As you are on a quad core, with only a GTX1050 (mobile?), my inclination would be to simply leave it off, guessing you want the highest/smoothest FPS possible....

dawnofdusk

Prominent
Nov 13, 2020
Turn it on and see if performance is degraded beyond 1-3 %...

My understanding was that PhysX calculations are no big deal nowadays, unlike 15 years ago when a second GPU was often used to offload those calculations alone...

As you are on a quad core, with only a GTX1050 (mobile?), my inclination would be to simply leave it off, guessing you want the highest/smoothest FPS possible....

but what that physx does exactly if i put it on gtx 1050

Physx is used by only a few games for physics based "special effect" like leaves or cloth flattering in the wind, if you disable it you won't get these extra effect which you might not even notice.
The 1050 is the only card in your system that can run it so if you put in on there it will run.

dawnofdusk

Prominent
Nov 13, 2020
Physx is used by only a few games for physics based "special effect" like leaves or cloth flattering in the wind, if you disable it you won't get these extra effect which you might not even notice.
The 1050 is the only card in your system that can run it so if you put in on there it will run.

thanks for answering,but the main reason why i asked is tha my friend told me that if i don t put it on auto it affects graphics card,so im interesting that is he right or no