[SOLVED] Nvidia Profile Inspector missing profiles and frame rate limiter not working (Error NVAPI_SETTING_NOT_FOUND)

Feb 13, 2021
This has been going for few weeks now and I cant play cs with this input lag...

NVIDIA Profile Inspector 2.3.0.12
Geforce 461.40

The error goes
DRS_SetSetting failed: NVAPI_SETTING_NOT_FOUND

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

** Exception Text **
nspector.Common.NvapiException: DRS_SetSetting failed: NVAPI_SETTING_NOT_FOUND
at nspector.Common.DrsSettingsServiceBase.StoreDwordValue(IntPtr hSession, IntPtr hProfile, UInt32 settingId, UInt32 dwordValue)
at nspector.Common.DrsSettingsService.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<StoreSettingsToProfile>b__0(IntPtr hSession)
at nspector.Common.DrsSettingsServiceBase.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<DrsSession>b__0(IntPtr hSession)
at nspector.Common.DrsSessionScope.DrsSession[T](Func2 action, Boolean forceNonGlobalSession, Boolean preventLoadSettings) at nspector.Common.DrsSettingsServiceBase.DrsSession(Action1 action, Boolean forceNonGlobalSession, Boolean preventLoadSettings)
at nspector.Common.DrsSettingsService.StoreSettingsToProfile(String profileName, List`1 settings)
at nspector.frmDrvSettings.StoreChangesOfProfileToDriver()
at nspector.frmDrvSettings.tsbApplyProfile_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

** Loaded Assemblies **
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4300.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
nvidiaProfileInspector
Assembly Version: 2.3.0.12
Win32 Version: 2.3.0.12
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/name/OneDrive/Ty%C3%B6p%C3%B6yt%C3%A4/ehk%20aprempi%20nvidai%20isnp/nvidiaProfileInspector.exe
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.4300.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.8.4320.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

** JIT Debugging **
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Solution
I use the Limiter v2 for no input lag and the game used to feel awesome with it. I just cant get the same feeling with the normal nvidia control panel settings
Ah, I see, I used to use V2 Limiter as well, but NCP now has a frame by frame limiter. Plus, as I said, you are not using the latest version of NPI. Try version 2.30.13, which I posted a link to above.

A detailed guide on NPI was written, and it says the only reason it's V2 Limiter doesn't use whole numbers is it didn't work too well with whole numbers. It also says the RTSS limiter actually works better, so if for some reason I cannot imagine NCP's limiter does not work well for you, I would try RTSS instead. RTSS also uses less RAM than any other limiter...
I used to use Nvidia Profile Inspector, but since they pretty much included all the settings I was tweaking with it in the Nvidia Control Panel, I just tweak there instead. What you're no doubt experiencing is the problem sometimes associated with lack of proper testing/maintenance on an open source tool (which NPI is) vs Nvidia's own driver team testing /maintaining their in house coded tool. BTW, DRS from what I've read, means driver settings, so clearly if that's not holding, the team writing NPI needs to make some corrections.

Thus I can only assume you're using NPI just for OCing exclusively, vs graphics settings tweaks. BTW, you do not have the latest version, which may be the problem.

https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector/releases/tag/2.3.0.13

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021
I use the Limiter v2 for no input lag and the game used to feel awesome with it. I just cant get the same feeling with the normal nvidia control panel settings

Ah, I see, I used to use V2 Limiter as well, but NCP now has a frame by frame limiter. Plus, as I said, you are not using the latest version of NPI. Try version 2.30.13, which I posted a link to above.

A detailed guide on NPI was written, and it says the only reason it's V2 Limiter doesn't use whole numbers is it didn't work too well with whole numbers. It also says the RTSS limiter actually works better, so if for some reason I cannot imagine NCP's limiter does not work well for you, I would try RTSS instead. RTSS also uses less RAM than any other limiter. https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia-inspector-introduction-and-guide.403676/

I've used the RTSS limiter myself and it works quite well. BTW, RTSS comes with Rivatuner, and also MSI Afterburner. RTSS can be launched by itself, but you will typically get a pop up message saying some of it's components can't be hooked right now. Just close out that message though and it launches and works fine on it's own. A lot of times it's best to launch it on it's own anyway, because a few games do not work well with Afterburner or Rivatuner.

Last edited:
Solution
Feb 13, 2021
I'm using 144hz monitor so should I lock it to 143.5hz using RTSS thats what I read yesterday? I'm trying it right now and it feels really good