Nvidia Publishes Geforce 310.70 Beta Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh who cares. New drivers used to be a big deal but now my feelings is just...meh they come out with drivers so often that it just is old now. My GTX 550Ti drivers are fine so I'm not changing unless they randomly start to cause problems.

Yea I'm a bit at ends here with the lateness of this article this came out yesterday many other tech sites were on top of this. The WHQL version was talked about to be coming out next week on the official nvidia forums. So for most they will want to wait till next week to get the finished product.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]rds1220[/nom]Meh who cares. New drivers used to be a big deal but now my feelings is just...meh they come out with drivers so often that it just is old now. My GTX 550Ti drivers are fine so I'm not changing unless they randomly start to cause problems.[/citation]

Last year, Tom's hardware did a driver comparison of a 5850 (I think). They compared drivers from launch to the latest one, and noticed that the 5850's performance increased to a 5870's level from just updating from the launch drivers to the latest ones.

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]Why is this news?I'd understand if it was a major release with substantial improvements and new features.. but this?[/citation]

It is news. Go and read the notes, some significant perf. updates. My GW2 now runs smoother.

G

[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Last year, Tom's hardware did a driver comparison of a 5850 (I think). They compared drivers from launch to the latest one, and noticed that the 5850's performance increased to a 5870's level from just updating from the launch drivers to the latest ones.[/citation]
I remembered also that the week after that article, they did the same thing with the GTX 480. I would like Toms to do another one of these performance reports on how drivers have improved two-three years after the release of the Fermi architecture.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-drivers-geforce-gtx-480,2875.html

This really starts to level the playing field since AMD's latest beta versions of Catalyst 12.11. Nvidia's previous driver launch didn't quite level it out, but this may have done the trick, especially since it's getting more games to support TXAA.

Now, if only Tom's could be more up to date with their news...

[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Last year, Tom's hardware did a driver comparison of a 5850 (I think). They compared drivers from launch to the latest one, and noticed that the 5850's performance increased to a 5870's level from just updating from the launch drivers to the latest ones.[/citation]

I already had the latest drivers (306.97) and they worked fine. There is no reason for me to switch drivers.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
[citation][nom]fuzzion[/nom]It is news. Go and read the notes, some significant perf. updates. My GW2 now runs smoother.[/citation]
These performance improvements were made available in the previous couple of betas, this is merely a bug fix release.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]andy5174[/nom]Do they re-enable OC? After OCed, My gtx460 crashes with any version after 275.33...[/citation]
Get Nvidia System Tools. Install the performance tool (aka NTune) and you can OC from the control panel, if you don't want to use MSI afterburner or RivaTuner.

andy5174

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Get Nvidia System Tools. Install the performance tool (aka NTune) and you can OC from the control panel, if you don't want to use MSI afterburner or RivaTuner.[/citation]
I did use MSI Afterburner to OC my card. Will give Nvidia System Tools a try.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.