Nvidia Pulls 364.47 Driver Due To System Instability

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009

Both clean installs?

If they wanted us to remove our previous drivers completely and reconfigure all of our settings, they should have said so on the driver download page.

alextheblue

Distinguished
For CFX/SLI certainly not---but AMD has shown some encouraging signs lately with more frequent driver "hotfixes" than they had been. For single cards, AMD's slow driver releases are generally less of an issue due to most new games working OK with older drivers, except those with Tesselation saturating libraries like Gameworks titles that need to be optimized by the driver team. But in terms of base stability with single cards, yes, I would agree AMD and Nvidia are on par there.

Still no fix for CFX in Fallout 4 though. I'm beginning to think they just gave up on the CFX profile---in the latest hotfix (yesterday?) the drivers default to single card for FO4 on my 2 290x install, and there isnt a manual FO4 profile in the list (although there apparently never was, even when CFX was "working" in previous driver releases).

All I was saying was that they both are decent these days but they both make mistakes. Guess that didn't set well with someone. Anyway you're right I wasn't specifically thinking of multi card, but even on that front they're a lot closer than they have been. As far as gameworks tessellation goes, even without a tweaked driver you can manually tweak things on a per-game basis in the drivers to improve performance. This is what people were doing with The Witcher 3 prior to new drivers tweaking things.

RishabhPatadia

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
for gtx 750ti users, i had thegraphics card running very hot while playing FC4 in 1080p, everything low in 362.00, But in 364.47, it runs very cool while playing on previously mentioned settings.Now I might try to play with the settings to see where i can go with the graphics, But for all drivers i have played with(OF WINDOWS 10) screen tearing issue is still there and very distracing while playing the game. Kudos for decreasing the temp but please fix the screen tearing issue.

Alif W

Commendable
Mar 13, 2016
really?
i've had sudden restart like 3 times/2 hour
i've checked temperature, psu, and other things and its normal
i got 364.51 driver and gtx 750 ti btw
pls fix this nvidia.

alextheblue

Distinguished

You should try this driver then! :lol:

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2015/11/30/amd-crimson-fan-bug/1

That reminds me of Nvidia's 196.75 drivers!! Ah the good ol' days...

Adhmuz

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
I've been wondering what has been up with all these blue screens lately, some of which happen when I'm not even in front of the computer doing anything, just come back to find a fresh desktop. And I had chalked it down to my CPU overclock, glad I noticed this post while doing something else.

rollgg

Reputable
Jan 15, 2016
I had Blue screens when gaming after 3 clean installs.

2 last installs were made after I cleaned the system with DDu uninstaller. The problem is definitely there for some systems and clean install doesn't always solve it.

I had already moved back to an older driver and have had no problems since.

Luis_28

Commendable
Mar 20, 2016
These problems contine, more violently, more random and worst, on 364.51 How can these guys be so incompetent? Having the worst crashes, "entering power saving mode" and even starts after several restarts.... no healing.

Brian Blair

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014
Really? Because I have not had any issues! I am still having zero issues! It's more stable than the last five drivers that caused a locked screen with no error report! So when a driver works correctly they now call it defective? FIGURES!

Brian Blair

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014
The problem is the stupid GeForce Experience crap that runs in the background regardless if you install it or not! It is so busy spying on you it pulls 100% CPU usage that causes crashes during heavy gameplay! You have to disable the processes after driver installation and delete the files! All GeForce Experience does is spy on you anyway! You don't need it! How dumb are you anyway, not know what settings is best for your own PC?

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
"The problem is the stupid GeForce Experience crap that runs in the background regardless if you install it or not!"

No it doesnt. You must have remnants left over from a previous install because i have installed/uninstalled GFE without even uninstalling the drivers countless times, and while GFE is indeed useless to me, it never fails to uninstall the background programs for GFE. Now, you will still have the regular GF programs running in the background (3 exe's if I remember correctly, more if you install the 3d vision drivers), but those are not GFE related.

Do a complete nvidia uninstall using the appwiz.cpl, then download the latest DDU and run it in safe mode. Then reinstall the nvidia driver package unchecking GFE and the stereoscoping drivers, and you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.