Nvidia Quietly Debuts MX150 Mobile Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheblue

Distinguished

This sort of thing drives me crazy. I know it's not new, especially in the mobile dGPU arena, but some generations it was more absurd than others. It sounds like this is going to be one of the messier labels. Sigh.

ubicray

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
I am using a 550$ 940MX (GDDR5) notebook and can't be happier for the price. It plays most of the AAA games decently in low settings in 1080P, and for the price of the laptop I bought I can't be happier (It's acer e5-575g-53vg). So if nvidia is replacing it with a better model, I am excited for the budget gaming/student notebook segment

Nvidia has a hard time with marketing decisions sometimes. They confused everyone moving from the 7-series desktop GPUs to the 9-series and then using the 8-series for mGPUs. We all like to keep up with the latest hardware and information as it's our hobby, but sometimes the amount of research required to keep confusion minimized is ridiculous.

alextheblue

Distinguished

I am hoping that (unlike last generation) all boards that support Raven Ridge will support dual-channel, regardless of whether they ship in dual-channel or single-channel configs. That way you can upgrade them yourself if necessary. Of course, it's more annoying to do these days given the lack of access panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.