Nvidia Releases 314.21 Beta Drivers With Tomb Raider Performance Optimizations

Status
Not open for further replies.

AleisterCrowley

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
That's some good news, there no reason to get behind, this game uses open solutions not AMD particular techs, although AMD cards are usually better at direct computing. NVIDIA and AMD, please, keep the fight.

jhatfie

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
This is good news, my HTPC with a 660ti crashes playing Tomb Raider a lot, so much that I stopped trying. Not related to OC as all other games including Crysis 3, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman, etc which stress it more run perfect. My 7950 in my main gaming rig runs the game much, much better, hopefully these drivers will add stability.

nolarrow

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
This driver bricked my gtx 570. Swapped out to my old gtx 260, same problem "windows kernel nvidia driver failure blha blah blah." Just finished formatting (thank god for ssd's) and using the 260 atm. Will try the 570 later. Skip the driver if you can. Hopefully my 570 is still ok - even if it is this update wrecked my windows install at a minimum.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Although my 7950 will be coming tomorrow I'm still glad to hear this. My 460 simply did not like this game at all. Crashing, performance issues no matter the settings. Glad to see Nvidia got the issues straightened out.

thomron1977

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
my 680 crahed with these drivers to a blue screen. i used the bluescreen program that reads the crash dumps and googled what was wrong. it was the videocard and the drivers. hope this is fixed soon.

:lol:

work just fine for me. so far no crash in any games that i played. it might not work for you but it doesn't mean it will do the same for others.

[citation][nom]unksol[/nom]Man nvidia drivers SUCK. It's good to see them try and improve but why are their gpus so far behind on performance and their drivers so unstable and performing so badly? /justice[/citation]

Lol thumb me down. It's sarcasm for the years of "AMD drivers suck" from nvidia fanboys. When they have been awesome for over a year. Why do people get so offended when their myth is challenged by reality?

I am deeply sorry nvidia drivers suddenly suck at launch on games where they can't bribe studios??

That's totally my fault. I am also sorry nvidia has had their ass kicked for over a year on hardware and was horrifically slow releasing cards. Up to 9 months late.

all the fanboys need to get over the BS and deal with reality. It goes both ways

One game does not a trend make. It's not like AMD doesn't have issues.

Its been more than one game recently. And i never said AMD didn't.... We have dealt with TWIMTBP crap from nvidia buying off developers for years.... And whining about AMD drivers at lauch... How is gaming evolved not ironic and leveling the field?

You can expect games that are supported by one or the other to cause one companies released drivers to be iffy, but I was referring to the general problems with drivers.

ColdfireTrilogy

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
give nvid new game code a week before launch, change tons of stuff... im not surprised by a botched launch. Glad to see fast rollouts of drivers.

[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]You can expect games that are supported by one or the other to cause one companies released drivers to be iffy, but I was referring to the general problems with drivers.[/citation]

I KNOW what you were referring to. The point is the "general problem with drivers" and AMD being the problem. Is a BS fanboy myth. It goes either way.... That's the definition of a "general" problem. It effects everyone.

Yet when nvidia brides more it's an AMD issue... Even though they crush nvidia.

mostafaoraby

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]thomron1977[/nom]my 680 crahed with these drivers to a blue screen. i used the bluescreen program that reads the crash dumps and googled what was wrong. it was the videocard and the drivers. hope this is fixed soon.[/citation]

hey man , whats the name of that program you used ?

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Until they decide not to cripple the DirectCompute ability they will still be stuck at "optimizations" or profile cheats. The previous Nvidia generation wasn't crippled and would probably be a great "TressFX" card ala Physx along with a current generation cards IF it was programmed that way. We'll see if they make any change in the next generation to restore DC, weighing workstation profits against gaming. TressFX is cool (albeit a bit buggy) but we'll see if it catches on or propagates to other areas.

I used 5970's in CF, 6950's in CF and 680's in SLI. I'm well aware of what they are capable of and I have not been a fan of either. However, I always had to deal with more issues with CF and now that new methods of metering FPS are coming about, we are seeing why.
http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-TITAN-Performance-Review-and-Frame-Rating-Update/Frame-Rat
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/60166-nvidia-gtx-titan-vs-sli-crossfire.html

atikkur

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
it's excelent driver for tomb raider:
- it adds 10fps more to my gtx560ti, smooth out the experiences (all maxed, treesfx on)
- no more freezes
- no crashes so far (even with 03/10 patch and driver 314.07, i only got one crash)
- no more bush shadow artifacts
- no more black dot artifacts in the face
all good, problems fixed for me

what else you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.