Nvidia Releases Game Ready Driver Featuring GameWorks VR 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonngyw

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2008
Just finished setting up my system and everything was perfect!

Powered on my system in the morning (before I go to work) and was prompted to install this new driver by the Nvidia GeForce Experience application. Okayed the installation....

Halfway through, the installation failed at the Driver upgrade stage. Selected retry again still failed. Now my Win 10 with 3-display setup defaults back to the low resolution singe display.

Restarted the system and tried the driver upgrade again... still failed. Dig out the previous driver and tried... also failed! Luckily saved a System Restore System point only yesterday. Rolled back to the previous System Restore point and my perfect configuration is back again.

Immediately turned OFF the check for updates and auto download options. So much thanks to Nvidia for almost destroying my setup. Also downloaded Win Updates Disabler and disabled Windows Updates. Not giving any of these s***holes another chance to turn my system into another Guinea Pig...

Rushed off to work (late)

Nelson Ng Yeng Wai
(Singapore)

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

Powered on my system in the morning (before I go to work) and was prompted to install this new driver by the Nvidia GeForce Experience application. Okayed the installation....

Halfway through, the installation failed at the Driver upgrade stage. Selected retry again still failed. Now my Win 10 with 3-display setup defaults back to the low resolution singe display.

Restarted the system and tried the driver upgrade again... still failed. Dig out the previous driver and tried... also failed! Luckily saved a System Restore System point only yesterday. Rolled back to the previous System Restore point and my perfect configuration is back again.

Immediately turned OFF the check for updates and auto download options. So much thanks to Nvidia for almost destroying my setup. Also downloaded Win Updates Disabler and disabled Windows Updates. Not giving any of these s***holes another chance to turn my system into another Guinea Pig...

Nelson Ng Yeng Wai
(Singapore)

if it isnt broken dont fix it. im on july drivers for my amd card, and before that i was on either september or october drivers.

unless a game demands i upgrade to even turn on, i dont.

dE_logics

Reputable
Oct 16, 2015

Nelson Ng Yeng Wai
(Singapore)

Nelson Ng Yeng Wai
(Singapore)

Nelson Ng Yeng Wai
(Singapore)

Oh that happens with that platform all the time. You haven't learnt yet? Try a reformat.

Status
Not open for further replies.