News Nvidia releases Game Ready driver for The Finals, a new game made by ex-Battlefield devs that has exploded in popularity

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCP2000

Great
Dec 8, 2023
Free to play p2w games will always be the bane of this industry. Exploitative, manipulative, and driven solely by greed. There are no net positives.

Remember, if it's free, then you're the product.

Reactions: plusev and Tonet666
Dec 13, 2023
Free to play p2w games will always be the bane of this industry. Exploitative, manipulative, and driven solely by greed. There are no net positives.

Have you even played the game? It's not p2w. All you can buy is skins for your contestants and their weapons. You have to play the game, earn xp and complete contracts to earn new weapons. Can't buy them.

Remember, if it's free, then you're the product.

That does not apply to most of the game industry. The games are free so they can sell you cosmetics or DLC's. The free you are thinking of is email and social media accounts that don't cost anything.

SCP2000

Great
Dec 8, 2023
Have you even played the game? It's not p2w. All you can buy is skins for your contestants and their weapons. You have to play the game, earn xp and complete contracts to earn new weapons. Can't buy them.

That does not apply to most of the game industry. The games are free so they can sell you cosmetics or DLC's. The free you are thinking of is email and social media accounts that don't cost anything.
Only briefly because modern shooters bore the crap out of me. It's the same rehashed garbage, lol.

That, my friend, is how the F2P model works. Even if it is simply cosmetic at first, corporate interests eventually establish a stranglehold. That is how opportunists work.

Dec 13, 2023
Only briefly because modern shooters bore the crap out of me. It's the same rehashed garbage, lol.

That, my friend, is how the F2P model works. Even if it is simply cosmetic at first, corporate interests eventually establish a stranglehold. That is how opportunists work.
I mean if it's not for you it's not for you. The game isn't the same rehashed "garbage" that's been on the market for forever. It's definitely set itself apart with some unique features though they aren't all new concepts. Luckily it's not a BR game as we have too many.

Well, your first comment was that the game is P2W, which was incorrect. It certainly is a F2P model, but I really don't get what your problem is with that model. The industry found a way to continue making money off of games that get regular updates and new content without making it a gambling game (like early Rocket League) or a P2W game. They also don't require the regular purchase of DLC content to continue playing the new updates. All you've done is allude to some vague corporate interest and something about a stranglehold. Of course, they are opportunists, they are in the business of making money. Let's just hope they don't switch to a pay per hour of gameplay model.

Status
Not open for further replies.