Nvidia Releases GeForce 331.65 WHQL Graphics Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

bochica

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Anybody having issues on the two recent drivers for 500 series on Win 7? I know some of the newer drivers made them almost inoperable, and my laptop with a 700m series/Win 8 is having issues too.

dustructo

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
YEAH and this driver is just as bad as the last 2 drivers. stick with 327.23 if you like gaming performance and Folding power! FAIL! shame on you Nvidia!

mapesdhs

Distinguished
bochica, users on various forums report that 314.22 is a stable release for 500
series GPUs (I too had issues with newer drivers). I'm still using 314.22 on my
GTX 580 configs, except for one which has 310.90 for testing purposes to match
an equivalent Quadro driver.

Ian.

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
Yeah, anything above 314.22 was FUBAR for a GTX 560 Ti for example. I've started using these 331.xx drivers and everything is alright with the world again. For me at least.

Ordalium

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Same problem to me too! 550 Ti, they messed up drivers from february until now ! None after 314 works, BSOD, hard resets!
It's includes all Fermi cards - 400, 500, some 600 mobile series!
Like we all know, nothing changes with new branch release, just renaming!
And this news is bad commercial for Nvidia, next my V-card will be from AMD !
Yeah, a lot increse in games up to 10 % with each driver release, just none after 314 works for a lot ppl!

mapesdhs

Distinguished
Something not covered by articles about drivers releases of this kind is whether they
really offer any benefit with respect to performance improvements for users of older
cards, ie. all 400/500 series. The NVIDIA description is vague and never cites an
example that specifically refers to an older card.

Ian.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Ehh shadowplay for 600 series and up.. Ehh oh well. I still have Fraps. Just updated for nothing, unless there's improvement for the 580 for the release of BF4 tonight then idk why i updated. Here's to hoping the retail version doesn't have optimization issues with two 580's sli.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
314.22 was the last stable driver for my 460.

That card is nearing replacement time, and Nvidia is not making it's case with continually crappy drivers all year long.

IBamBam

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
I'm running GTX 460's SLI and it works perfect but then again I am very peculiar about doing a CLEAN install.

just keeping in mind for those who are having issues with the new driver, not everyone is having those problems with the same cards. Try driversweeper in safe mode to remove all your old drivers, then clean install the latest. And those saying going to amd next.....well they have many driver problems too.......

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013

The reason some people have problems while other people with the exact same card don't is because they have different supporting hardware, mobos, processors, ect or even slight variations in the cards themselves that isn't accounted for. This is indicative of lazy and incomplete testing on Nvidias behalf. It has virtually nothing to do with improper driver removal/installation.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

You should probably be getting your drivers from the manufacturer of your laptop. NV doesn't guarantee drivers from their site to work with ANY manufacturers laptops or PC's.

It's comic people think automatically you can just go to NV for drivers when they may have cards that are made specifically for the OEM and supported BY THE OEM not NV.

This is why you BUILD YOUR OWN if you want NV support. I'd venture to guess 1/2 of the complainers have OEM systems (dell, hp, etc) who provide their OWN WHQL drivers you should be using.

That's not to say this is the case for ALL systems, but a good portion are NOT using off the shelf components for vid cards. My Inspiron 9300 is an example. If I was to load NV drivers i have all kinds of problems in a lot of games (but I have a ton, so probably see it more than others that don't game a lot), so I always end up back running Dell's own drivers (which are far out of date mind you, and so is the laptop...LOL). I'd only count on boutique vendors to use off the shelf parts and even then it's iffy (like alienware might actually have a XFX card inside etc, while Dell might use a custom card and drivers).

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
If you don't have an off the shelf product, but instead have an OEM (dell, hp etc) machine don't expect NV drivers to work on your machine. If you open up your case and it says XFX, or Gigabyte 780 GTX or something ok, probably an off the shelf card was used. Otherwise you're probably complaining for nothing. It's your fault, not NV's or AMD's. You should be using the latest drivers from your OEM, which may be far behind NV's releases, but that's the risk you take buying OEM instead of BUILDING your own.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

"Performance Boost – Increases performance by up to 19% for GeForce 400/500/600/700 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 327.23 WHQL-certified drivers."

They did...They site and EXAMPLE in the article post, not that those are the only cards enhanced. ALL were enhanced, by how much depends, but not just the examples they site. 700's means 760TI also!

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

Or it's ignorant users trying to use an NV driver on a card that ISN'T retail. There is no guarantee NV's drivers will work on an OEM Dell/HP etc card. There is a reason they have actual DELL etc drivers on their respective websites for some machines.

IE from the release notes even:
" Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not supported at this time
(please contact Sony for driver support).
Fujitsu notebooks are not supported by this release (Fujitsu Siemens notebooks are supported). "

Sometimes the driver only works after installing special OEM files:
"If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, or Dell XPS M1530, or Dell LatitudeD630 or D630c, it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update"
(a link was provided in their I just pasted the text)

It's never been NV or AMD's job to make your dell, hp, ibm etc system to work. Their only job is to get Retail products to work. Also note there are OEM cards that will work (as in a retail card that just comes without the box etc, which isn't the same as OEM as in Dell/HP etc branded crap). Like an OEM WD drive is the same drive generally speaking just without the nice box that keeps UPS from destroying the drive in shipping...I wish newegg would go retail only for drives and just charge a few extra bucks...Whatever, that's a whole other topic.

MADDOG8519

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
Sense i downloaded the new drivers today it wont detect my tv I've had to rollback my driver to 331.58. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there any settings i should change to make my graphics card work better with my 55inch Samsung tv?

Status
Not open for further replies.