Nvidia Removed a Linux Driver Feature Due to Windows

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valeryan_24

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
Here is the real reason why Nvidia crippled the Linux driver : it's a bad marketing decision, limiting a functional and useful feature just to force the user to buy their new GPU :
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/579449/linux/basemosaic-v295-vs-v310-vs-v325-only-up-to-three-screens-/post/3965459/#3965459

"In the 295 driver, we supported more than 3 basemosaic displays on GeForce cards. Marketing specifications differentiate products. NVIDIA changed the basemosaic marketing specification to differentiate GeForce and Quadro cards. The supported limit on GeForce cards is now 3 displays. Quadro cards support more than 3 displays."

Not new: AMD, Creative... already did same things, which is irrespect behavior towards customers.

urmamasllama

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
The reasoning isn't contradictory IT'S A LIE! i posted in that thread because i was facing the same issue as the OP, and I can tell you for a fact that windows supports 4 monitors across 2 gtx 560s because that's exactly how my desktop is set up. meaning that the NVidia rep was just making stuff up and was hhoping no one would notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.