Nvidia RTX 3050 vs AMD RX 6600 faceoff: Which GPU dominates the budget-friendly $200 market?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Seems to me that TG is becoming less and less of a real hardware site, the quality of articles is questionable, news stories tends to be more about controversial click bait headlines than quality reporting... pity.
There are far worse sites out there. Wander over to wccftech if you want to see a bit of a cesspool, the comments sections in particular is a mess. Its more or less a barely moderated wasteland with a bunch of children basically screaming "my dad could beat up your dad" while drawing phallic symbols everywhere.

jordanbuilds1

Proper
Jan 16, 2024
i don't think this should have been as close of a comparison as it been. sure i give it to the 3050 in terms of power draw and features such as dlss, but the score should have been more like 6-2, looking at the performance, the 6600 was twice as strong including the fact that its now like 30$ cheaper than the 3050 new now. its not like nvidia isnt known to over price their garbage, but that still don't justify the price. the only reason the 3050 won in 4k is prob because dlss was on (to my eyes at least.). as to the argument towards the arc, i agree the arc is prob a better buy than the 3050. ive said it before and ill say it again, intel HAS IMPROVED their drivers, and anyone who says otherwise can eat dust. im not saying the arcs weren't bad at launch, but they sure are capable now adays. back to the 3050, its kind of in an rx 6500 situation (even though suprizingly its no 120$ cheaper used than the 3050 ), where its just crud and overpriced for its performance. the only thing is that the 6500 actually got cheaper while the 3050 is really holding onn to its price. my verdict, 6600 wins 6-2, unless your dlss hungry, or fine with playing at 4k 21 fps, dont buy the 3050! at that price if you want a nvidia rtx card, the 20 series cards and the 3060 are around the price.

I've just read all that back to myself and realised I've gone off on a rant. And I don't care. I can't help it: I honestly think the 3050 is one of the worst value products Nvidia has ever spawned, and hate that so many people have blindly flocked to it. It's nonsense like that which enables companies to justify higher prices.
RTX 3050 really was a poor value during most of its life cycle, and while $200 makes it a bit more viable, it's still going to lose against the primary competitors — RX 6600 shown here, Arc A750 in an alternative faceoff. And the RTX 3050 6GB is a bad joke of a card, just as the RTX 3060 8GB was a slap in the face. I can understand there are GA107 parts that likely can't qualify for use in an 8GB card, but then just call it an RTX 3040 — and also charge $150 or less.

Reactions: jordanbuilds1

TRENDING THREADS