Question Nvidia RTX 3060 not turning on Fan anymore

Aug 26, 2024
Hello,

I have an Nvidia RTX 3060 Graphics card that until yesterday worked fine. Today when in game it becomes slower and slower (Less FPS) and after a few minutes computer goes black like crashing.

I have now looked into my hardware and noticed the GPU fan no longer moves. Its kinda "ticking" where it wants to move, but dont spin.
If turn manually its not a problem, but stops after you stopped spinning it manually. I have looked into the Nvidia software and changed Fanspeed from Automatic to Manually (70% to test) , but its still not spinning.
Also i have checked the cables connected to the PSU and it seems fine. Temp on the GPU easy get to 95 and still nothing happens. I have also used air duster to remove any and all dust in the card. I can use the GPU but its missing the fan.

Any suggestions what could be wrong and what should I do ?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Replace the fan(s)

Typically if you put your exact GPU model into ebay/amazon/aliexpress you can get cheap replacement fans that will last a few more years.

Alternatively, replace the entire cooling solution, but that gets more expensive and you might as well start looking at new GPUs.

Reactions: Munk_DK

TRENDING THREADS