Question Nvidia RTX 3060 not turning on Fan anymore

Aug 26, 2024
Hello,

I have an Nvidia RTX 3060 Graphics card that until yesterday worked fine. Today when in game it becomes slower and slower (Less FPS) and after a few minutes computer goes black like crashing.

I have now looked into my hardware and noticed the GPU fan no longer moves. Its kinda "ticking" where it wants to move, but dont spin.
If turn manually its not a problem, but stops after you stopped spinning it manually. I have looked into the Nvidia software and changed Fanspeed from Automatic to Manually (70% to test) , but its still not spinning.
Also i have checked the cables connected to the PSU and it seems fine. Temp on the GPU easy get to 95 and still nothing happens. I have also used air duster to remove any and all dust in the card. I can use the GPU but its missing the fan.

Any suggestions what could be wrong and what should I do ?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Replace the fan(s)

Typically if you put your exact GPU model into ebay/amazon/aliexpress you can get cheap replacement fans that will last a few more years.

Alternatively, replace the entire cooling solution, but that gets more expensive and you might as well start looking at new GPUs.

Reactions: Munk_DK
Aug 25, 2024
this is a classic case of power management and qc failure on the side of manufacturer, since you havent mentioned any i would not blame them, its unlikely that the founders edition cards will go easier to find these days since nvidia stoped making 3060, your best bet is to either claim any warrantee if there is any, or pop it open urself/ask a tech expert to open it and reconnect the cables/connections to the fans, worst case you will have to buy replacement fans or the complete cooling module if you can find it, have a nice day!