News Nvidia RTX 3070 Graphics Cards to Sell out in Minutes: Newegg

Pytheus

Prominent
Oct 28, 2020
Dunno about that. I think AMD gave us all a lot to think about today. If it does sell out, its not a huge loss, at least we have a worthy alternative in the near future to look forward to.

Reactions: Kridian

InvalidError

Titan
I think AMD gave us all a lot to think about today. If it does sell out, its not a huge loss, at least we have a worthy alternative in the near future to look forward to.
I bet AMD's new GPUs will be about as uncommon to find in store inventories as Nvidia's and won't be available in real quantities until 2021 too - too many OEMs buying everything they can straight off the manufacturers' QA queues to put holiday machines together.

Shadowclash10

Prominent
May 3, 2020
I bet AMD's new GPUs will be about as uncommon to find in store inventories as Nvidia's and won't be available in real quantities until 2021 too - too many OEMs buying everything they can straight off the manufacturers' QA queues to put holiday machines together.
Agreed. But at least the 6800 launch gives another opportunity to pick up a card in the near future instead of waiting for more stock from Nvidia.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Exactly. It's basically a second chance. And double the chance going forwards (ok ok, not exactly double, because AMD will likely either have more or less stock than Nvidia, not the same, but you get the point), because now AMD's stock will refresh like Nvidia has been doing, etc etc.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
AMD's announcement yesterday completely killed all my enthusiasm for the 3070. Why settle for 8 GB of VRAM when I can get 16 GB?

However, I have been faking enthusiasm and excitement for the 3070 at work all this week. Scalper coworker seems to have grabbed a bunch of 3070's with his bots again, but no longer discusses details ever since the HR intervention. I hope the 3070 ends up costing him and making GPU scalping less appealing/profitable.

Reactions: artk2219

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Best Buy had a interesting anti bot strategy this morning. First, they claimed they were releasing stock every few minutes instead of all at once and if you tried to add a card to your basket, the button went into a wait state for a little while before going back to add to cart. So you had to add it to your cart a second time after the pause. After a bit of random clicking one appeared in my cart even though I never saw a message it was added. Got a few error messages during the checkout process, but I did manage to land one. Honestly, I don't even want the card, but due to Best Buy rewards I got it for $360, which was a pretty solid deal, so not sure what I will do with it.

Reactions: artk2219

SyDiko

Reputable
Jun 14, 2017
" Stock sells out in minutes. " Should actually read: " Stock sells out from retailers by bots in minutes, but all the cards are now on eBay at 40% markup'.

Nvidia and scalpers are only hurting themselves at this point.... PC gamers aren't like console gamers as 2,3, and even 4 year old gaming PCs can still run games at ridiculous FPS numbers. A majority of us can wait for these cards to be overstocked and on shelves several quarters after their launch before picking them up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kridian

Pytheus

Prominent
Oct 28, 2020
Best Buy had a interesting anti bot strategy this morning. First, they claimed they were releasing stock every few minutes instead of all at once and if you tried to add a card to your basket, the button went into a wait state for a little while before going back to add to cart. So you had to add it to your cart a second time after the pause. After a bit of random clicking one appeared in my cart even though I never saw a message it was added. Got a few error messages during the checkout process, but I did manage to land one. Honestly, I don't even want the card, but due to Best Buy rewards I got it for $360, which was a pretty solid deal, so not sure what I will do with it.
I manage to get several in my cart, trying another when one wasn't working, but each one came up with the message that they weren't shipping to my area. In the end I wasn't able to get one. sad face But now I'm looking forward to the 6800 or maybe 3060ti if that rumor is true, we'll see.

tomachas

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2014
In UK card availability is by 30th of NOV. It's a joke. Even though Nvidia pushed 3070 launch by 2 weeks it didn't help them at all. These cards are simple not available.

Solidjake

Notable
Sep 6, 2019
Went to micro center yesterday about 20 min before opening, 4th in line. The manager opens up and says that there's no 3070/3080 and only a few 3090s which I was not getting. I go inside just to see how it is and out of nowhere a bunch of guys show up with vouchers from the day before. They had 3080s in stock for them which pissed me off so much.... what the hell. Don't lie to us when we walk in. If I stayed for a voucher I'm sure I might have gotten a 3080 today/tomorrow but I'm done looking for one. Too much stress.