News Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Price, Specs, Release Date Apparently Leak

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
yea, probably next to impossible to get, like all the rest. But I think my system would probably be better with the 3090 anyway. I'm hoping that NVidia is secretly been holding back stock on these to 'chip' them for anti-mining or something.

Blacksad999

Reputable
Jun 28, 2020
Seems a little steep for +2 GB VRAM and a little bit higher clocks. The 3090 is only about 9% ahead of the 3080 in most circumstances, so this will be what...4-5% ahead for $400 more? lol Not really that appealing.

Reactions: Soaptrail

hannibal

Distinguished
In current situation it does not need to be appealing...
Also real msrp for 3080 is not even near the nvidias original msrp. Aib vendors have increased the msrp of 3080 all the time higher and higher.

also this chips is suposed to use same crypto limiter than 3060 did. So it does work until someone ”uups” leak a driver that allow full speed mining. The original lesken driver does not work with this, but any future ”leaked” driver will allow full mining again. If i would be a mining company with tens of thousends of gpus i would pay cash to NVIDIA driver developer for ”private” driver set...

PCElitist

Honorable
Aug 2, 2014
>
Release Date Apparently Leak
And...? What is it?
Are we going to have to blacklist another clickbaiting site or was this a mistake? Please correct, thanks.

Ratfish

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2013
I felt like an idiot for buying a 2060 KO for 300 bucks right before the 30-series release

Not feeling too bad now

How long will I have to wait to be able to buy a decent upgrade for 300-400 bucks? Years?

Reactions: Soaptrail

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Nvidia can charge whatever they want and it will sell out. Miners and scalpers and streamers will be all over this. 12GB of VRAM seems absolutely anemic at $1100+. I'm sure the performance is great, but paying double the price of a console for less memory? Nope. 16GB should have been the minimum. Too expensive for me.

I'd love to have a 30-series card, but there's no point in even following this launch given the high price and likelihood to instantly sell out. It'll be just like the 6700 launch AMD recently had -- lots of hype and then zero stock for gamers.

How long will I have to wait to be able to buy a decent upgrade for 300-400 bucks? Years?
At that price range, you should stop looking at PC gaming and look to the consoles. PC GPU vendors have completely abandoned mainstream gamers. The vendors make minimal effort to get their cards into the hands of gamers, and the prices are all distorted by crypto and scalping.

Ratfish

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2013
Nvidia can charge whatever they want and it will sell out. Miners and scalpers and streamers will be all over this. 12GB of VRAM seems absolutely anemic at $1100+. I'm sure the performance is great, but paying double the price of a console for less memory? Nope. 16GB should have been the minimum. Too expensive for me.

I'd love to have a 30-series card, but there's no point in even following this launch given the high price and likelihood to instantly sell out. It'll be just like the 6700 launch AMD recently had -- lots of hype and then zero stock for gamers.

At that price range, you should stop looking at PC gaming and look to the consoles. PC GPU vendors have completely abandoned mainstream gamers. The vendors make minimal effort to get their cards into the hands of gamers, and the prices are all distorted by crypto and scalping.
It's pretty ridiculous. I feel like I'm gonna be where I am now in perpetuity.

VTXcnME

Prominent
Nov 26, 2020
And none of this will matter, as majority of mainstream gaming users will be unable to purchase this card.

But... I did notice Newegg had 2060 series cards back in stock for $850-900 a piece. :rolleyes:

Reactions: bigdragon

PteJack

Reputable
Jul 1, 2016
I'm just patiently waiting. Nursing my old RX580 along until I can get an upgrade.

EDIT: well not like, super patiently. LOL

I feel your pain, I finished building my computer with a Strix X570 board and a AMD 5090X processor but 3080s were already out of stock and have been since the build. I was so hoping the cards would be available by now.
I'm also nursing a RX580 on the system and somewhat patently waiting for these TI's to be released.

This Video Card dry spell is darn right embarrassing for both Nvidia and AMD.
Big Hype, Grand Launch, Phhhhhtttt, Flat tire.