News Nvidia RTX 6000 48GB Ada Professional GPU Listed at Suggested Retail of $9,999

RichardtST

Notable
May 17, 2022
Now.... if you could just get the price on this down by a factor of say, oh, about 10 or so, this would be a sweet card to slap in a custom PC! Don't even need terribly good airflow because it already pumps its heat out, not in. Love me a good blower card!

Timmy!

Commendable
Dec 1, 2021
Will this card be able to run the upcoming remake of Pong with ray tracing? I'm excited for that game.

How well, if at all, will this card be able to play games? Better than the 4090?

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
I know professional-class parts has always been ridiculously expensive from consumers standpoint.

But that piece of silicon, plastic, and metal is more than my entire college tuition. It's still hard to swallow even as someone who has nothing to do with it.

Man, that card looks nice...

Same here, always liked how professional GPUs look.

A Stoner

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
Normally, it is government that moves to increase the cost of entry into the marketplace beyond the ability of most to be able to create new enterprises. This typically helps the already entrenched large entities. Here, it seems that nVidia is trying to do so. Apparently, the ability of nVidia to mass produce these parts are so difficult that the only way they can make money on them is to sell many fewer to many fewer customers at exceptionally high costs. There will be much less innovation due to this increase in cost overall across the economy of the world.

Hopefully, AMD has something to offer this month that helps push down the prices of graphics cards across the board. I am hoping to replace my RTX 2080 PC.

Jul 18, 2022
Normally, it is government that moves to increase the cost of entry into the marketplace beyond the ability of most to be able to create new enterprises. This typically helps the already entrenched large entities. Here, it seems that nVidia is trying to do so. Apparently, the ability of nVidia to mass produce these parts are so difficult that the only way they can make money on them is to sell many fewer to many fewer customers at exceptionally high costs. There will be much less innovation due to this increase in cost overall across the economy of the world.

Hopefully, AMD has something to offer this month that helps push down the prices of graphics cards across the board. I am hoping to replace my RTX 2080 PC.
I keep hoping AMD has a dual gpu model this generation with their chiplet architecture experience but am convinced it will come to the 8000 series.