News Nvidia shipped 3.76M data center GPUs in 2023 — dominates business with 98% revenue share

valthuer

Upstanding
Oct 26, 2023
Nvidia exiting the consumer GPU market in 3,2,1....

We all know we 're gonna see RTX-50.

Maybe even RTX-60, if we 're lucky enough.

But i seriously doubt Nvidia will stay in the gaming GPU business any further than that.

There's just no point anymore.

Otherwise, they could find themselves facing a shareholders' coup :)

Last edited:

peachpuff

Reputable
Apr 6, 2021
Nvidia exiting the consumer GPU market in 3,2,1....

We all know we 're gonna see RTX-50.

Maybe even RTX-60, if we 're lucky enough.

But i seriously doubt Nvidia will stay in the gaming GPU business any further than that.

There's just no point anymore.

Otherwise, they could find themselves facing a shareholders' coup :)
Don't be silly, we'll get the scraps that fail and we'll be happy.

HaninTH

Proper
Oct 3, 2023
Maybe, but we won’t be able to run Alan Wake 3, at 4K Ultra Path Tracing, on scraps that fail.
I don't know. I would find it surprising that their yield rate for AI chips is better than the best available, and so, there should be significant product that does not pass the complete test suite for AI or higher end usage.

They don't have to incur the cost of dealing with any issues those chips may cause down the line as that will be up to the 3rd party vendors. This fact may be our savior as NVIDIA only makes token quantities of their own cards.

What impact would a major issue for gamers cause that wouldn't be totally ignored by the huge profits being raked in by their other efforts?

Let's also not forget, GPU/AI chips are not the only cash cow they're sitting on. Remember Mellanox?

TRENDING THREADS