Nvidia slower than intel

Kaiizouku

Reputable
Nov 10, 2015
I have 2 graphic card dedicated and integrated.It is nvidia gt 630m and intel(R) HD 4000.Once ago i can some game with med-high setting smoothly,but as time pass,the same game would really lag with the same setting.I tried to run the game with Intel gpu it was slightly better than nvidia.Before this Nvidia surpass intel in my laptop.Is it because of the new nvidia update?
Btw i have made clean install of windows 10 *64,

Game that i play;
Skyrim;
CSGO;
Tf2;
Also Dirty Bomb,btw would my nvidia card broken because i play this unplayable game on my laptop?I get 40-50 fps on this game
but with so much heat.

Solution
A Windows update may have caused this if it replaced the laptop video card drivers. First check for a Chipset and BIOS update. Download the video card drivers from the laptop vendor, they will probably be older than the latest ones but are at least supported by them. Uninstall the drivers for Intel and nVidia, reboot, then run the driver setup from the laptop vendor.
If the issue happened after Windows 10, that is probably the issue. Too much heat can cause a card to go bad, but I have read quite a few posts about games running slow on Windows 10. If things ran fine before 10, going back to your original OS may solve things.

A Windows update may have caused this if it replaced the laptop video card drivers. First check for a Chipset and BIOS update. Download the video card drivers from the laptop vendor, they will probably be older than the latest ones but are at least supported by them. Uninstall the drivers for Intel and nVidia, reboot, then run the driver setup from the laptop vendor.

Solution