Nvidia Sued by Laptop Owners Over Faulty Chips

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Yeah i was wrong. It just occurred reading this post ironically. What happens is the screen goes weird, everything outlined in pink- hard to describe. Computer crashes then when it starts up i have lines all over the screen as if it is failing to initialise the previous graphics. It also starts up in low graphics mode.

It corrects itself randomly- this time after 30 minutes it just went back to normal after a restart, last time after a day while i was trying to get more information about it. So you don't think it's related to this? What can be the problem, just updated the driver and checked for newer updates but is the latest.

korsen

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
I'd like to know what happened with this, because my TX1410US I bought a while ago had to be replaced 3 times, and continues to overheat and shutdown for basically any reason - including windows media player. The AC connection actually spliced itself apart when the wires touched each other INSIDE the plastic covering. HP has refused to replace my notebook after they were aware of the defect for 2 years prior. I'd like to sue them as well for being jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.