News Nvidia Teases GeForce RTX 30 Mobile GPU Launch on January 12

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I used to get excited about these product reveals. Now, I'm disappointed and disinterested. The more Nvidia and AMD push a product launch, the more negative I feel. I'm sure Nvidia will have an easier time keeping laptop GPUs in stock given that they're tied to full systems. However, I'm looking for a desktop GPU. Just 1 desktop GPU for gaming and art. Watching stock alerts is a full time job all on its own.

Reactions: gameoverman2016

Just4Gamers

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 10, 2016
Why bother releasing yet more Graphics cards us real gamers can't even purchase? Nvidia released the RTX 2000 series what 2 years ago and most of us still can't even get one as they are continously out of stock. I have since gave up on building another PC and just purchased a series X. I sold my last PC I built when the 2000 series launched and was going to use the PC sale funds directly for the 2080 TI and build around it after words. Never got a chance to get the 2080 TI due to always being out of stock.

For the last year I have just been doing my PC gaming on Shadow blade which is a cloud computing company in the cloud. Right now I'm on Shadow Infinite which sports a RTX 6000 which is essentially a 2080 TI more or less for 40$ a month. I do miss tinkering like nobody's business but GPU's out of stock, CPU I want is out of stock. Lets hope Summer 2021 I can finally build something

Reactions: LeighPing

Just4Gamers

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 10, 2016
With bitcoin at $40,000+ we may never see a return to that, at least not till 2140 when the last bitcoin is mined.
I wish Bitcoin would just die out already, When the 2000 series launched I was planning a build around the 2080 TI but those dang miners bought every 2080 TI on the planet. 2021 and still haven't seen ONE RTX 2000 series in any store. It's been a horrible 3 years without a proper gaming machine due to these damn miners

Reactions: gameoverman2016

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
I wish Bitcoin would just die out already, When the 2000 series launched I was planning a build around the 2080 TI but those dang miners bought every 2080 TI on the planet. 2021 and still haven't seen ONE RTX 2000 series in any store. It's been a horrible 3 years without a proper gaming machine due to these damn miners
2000 series? I don't know where you live, but it can't be the US or EU, because there has been no issue finding RTX 2000 cards a couple months after release. I preordered a 2080 and received it on day one. Super cards were readily available from day one.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
I used to get excited about these product reveals. Now, I'm disappointed and disinterested. The more Nvidia and AMD push a product launch, the more negative I feel. I'm sure Nvidia will have an easier time keeping laptop GPUs in stock given that they're tied to full systems. However, I'm looking for a desktop GPU. Just 1 desktop GPU for gaming and art. Watching stock alerts is a full time job all on its own.
The article is about mobile GPU's. Nobody is buying these separately. Anyone who wants one will be shelling out multiple 1000's for a highend gaming laptop. That market is very small, and anyone who wants one will be able to get one.

Reactions: LeighPing

TRENDING THREADS