Nvidia Tegra 4 Spec Leak Tips Quad-core A15 in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame that many of these devices will be hobbled by mobile OS'es that are patchworked to be an alternative to the desktop OS'es. I'd like a Windows 8 capable device to gain popularity.

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]It's a shame that many of these devices will be hobbled by mobile OS'es that are patchworked to be an alternative to the desktop OS'es. I'd like a Windows 8 capable device to gain popularity.[/citation]

Once the Atom chips start coming with phones, they use the same or similar gpu as the iPhone 4s but clocked about twice as high. those 1.6ghz dual core x86 cpus with that gpu should be interesting.

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]you know what else will be interesting? more battery life.[/citation]
If the claims made by intel about the chip and the few tests Anandtech performed pan out, then yes it should be a decent step forward. The Razr MAXX is a good example of how phones should start being made in regards to battery life. Large battery, slightly thicker than the "oh mai phonez so amazing cuz it's .1 mm thinner!!!11!!!" phones while not be obstructive to the design, feel, and weight.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]man! why cant amd jump in the ARM party?? can you imagine?? Radeon HD Graphics with a Llano based CPU, a small ARM APU SoC maybe??[/citation]

They have a hard enough time making a CPU that's worth a crap. Frankly, you don't get better at something by dividing your attention. They need to get their current products on par with the competition before they worry about going into new places.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
nVIDIA is ruining its reputation by not having the presence in "gaming" or "powerful" hand held devices. By that i mean, iPhone's GPU processor is much more powerful than nVIDIA's whose reputation is base on graphics. That is just bad.

DavidC1

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]nVIDIA is ruining its reputation by not having the presence in "gaming" or "powerful" hand held devices. By that i mean, iPhone's GPU processor is much more powerful than nVIDIA's whose reputation is base on graphics. That is just bad.[/citation]

That's cause despite all the talk how various mobile chips/graphics are different, they are really the same, just with a different name.

jbo5112

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006
Will it ship in a device with more than 1GB RAM? That would help my phone more than 50% clock speed, switching to A15 and increased core count. I assumed the T43 would be Logan. Maybe someone will pair it with a 6.1" 2560x1600 3D screen in a phone for my upgrade in late 2013. Are they still planning an octo-core CPU part for Wayne?

GreaseMonkey_62

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009

Their Llano based APU's are worth a crap. It's their high end performance CPU's that are failing.

arachnivore

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]It's a shame that many of these devices will be hobbled by mobile OS'es that are patchworked to be an alternative to the desktop OS'es. I'd like a Windows 8 capable device to gain popularity.[/citation]

The design goals for a desktop OS are completely different than a phone or tablet OS. I remember when Windows mobile was modeled after the desktop Windows OS (complete with a "Start" menu *shudder*), it was terribly unusable and clunky. Putting a desktop style OS on a phone is a really poor design decision. A full-sized keyboard and mouse is a drastically different user interface than a touch screen.

twelch82

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
[citation][nom]arachnivore[/nom]The design goals for a desktop OS are completely different than a phone or tablet OS. I remember when Windows mobile was modeled after the desktop Windows OS (complete with a "Start" menu *shudder*), it was terribly unusable and clunky. Putting a desktop style OS on a phone is a really poor design decision. A full-sized keyboard and mouse is a drastically different user interface than a touch screen.[/citation]

And now they're trying it the opposite way...

Status
Not open for further replies.