Nvidia: Tegra Phones on T-Mobile and AT&T by Q4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayoffbase

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I've never had any complaints with LG phones, a tegra based LG on verizon just in time for my contract renewal at the end of this year would be sweet.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Blackjack or iPhone. But, I'm not sure how powerful the current Graphics chip in the iPhone 3GS is compared to tegra.

Either way, if the SOFTWARE itself is crap (ie. it is running ANY version of Windows Mobile) then the hardware really won't matter.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
blackberry isn't the name of the manufacturer.. it's Research In Motion... whom i would doubt would touch tegra since their focus is more on the business/power user side. all the winmo haters must not do any business with their smart/pda phones since i haven't seen anything else handle ms exchange access as well as winmo based fones. blackberry exchange server is nice if you can afford it...

i think i'd want to see HTC come out with something really nice with the tegra... they seem to come out with decent units most of the time.

dheadley

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
Recently I traded in my 5th LG in a row for a Samsung Omnia for my personal phone because I wanted to have push email from our exchange server on my personal phone as well as my business phone and it was the only Verizon smartphone that I liked the look and feel of at the store.

More so becuase my wife had been using one of the samsung phones that folds open two ways (forget the name) for two years now and loves the thing. She is constantly texting and on the phone for her administrative job and was always changing phones trying to find one that stood up to her heavy use. I thought no way when she picked it out because it looked so thin and flimsy the way dual flip works, but its the first phone that she has kept for over a year in past ten years.

so if its a samsung we both might be looking at one at the verizon store when it comes out.

bosjee

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Forget the manufacture, what OS are they going to put in? It would be a good fight against iPhone if Android is put in.

surrept420

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
If they choose LG you verizon fools will still be screwed. It's not like they are gunna make a CDMA LG phone. It will still be GSM and us AT&T users and T-Mobile users are gunna get the benefits...not Verizon/Sprint/Alltel....Wish those crappy companies would make the move to GSM like the rest of the planet.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
[citation][nom]surrept420[/nom]If they choose LG you verizon fools will still be screwed. It's not like they are gunna make a CDMA LG phone. It will still be GSM and us AT&T users and T-Mobile users are gunna get the benefits...not Verizon/Sprint/Alltel....Wish those crappy companies would make the move to GSM like the rest of the planet.[/citation]

i keep hearing of CDMA and it's variants in smaller parts of the world... tho it's true we should have one standard for all already...

noobinberg

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
[citation][nom]giomocua[/nom]Apple[/citation]
LMAO! Are you serious? Like Apple would just throw out everything they've put so much effort and money into.

krazynutz

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
Actually, with RIM's Blackberry Storm, they're dabbling in the media market (apps/videos) as well so I wouldn't doubt it at all. I'd love to see a Tegra-based Storm v2 or v3.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
Seriously, why didn't they just make the zune HD a phone? I mean, its not like MS have no interest in the mobile industry - they make winMo - and it also seems like its exactly the right shape and size for a phone. they can't honestly expect to compete with you-know-who without making it a phone.

G

anyone who is still claiming that any phone is better than the iPhone is sticking their head in the sand. took me a long time to admit it too!!!

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
I always loved my Motorola phones and i would buy the first (not overpriced) StarTAC in working condition (with a good battery) in a heartbeat.

Though from my V3 on the motorola's ran slow and buggy so i ditched them.

I would love to see them make a good phone again though so why not a Motorola Tegra running a non-enhanced version of Android.

DREAMER_ES

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
NOKIA!!!!!
I'm still waiting to see if Nokia makes an sleek and smoothly animated GUI to compete with iPhone and Android based cell phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.