Nvidia Tegra Possible Debut by April 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
The Tegra 600 looks interesting. I'm also into digital photography as well as computers. This could hopefully bring video recording into lower priced DSLRs.

ceteras

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2008
[citation][nom]jaragon13[/nom]They should get these on consoles....[/citation]
these could lead to mobile phones that work as multimedia centers and game consoles as well.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
i think the processor can play back full HD video. As far as capability to run games at full HD... that's a whole other story.

I guess we should wait and see. It will be right around the time I'll be looking for a new smartphone anyways. It's good to have choices!

wkcar

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
I hope Apple puts this in the iphone. Unfortunately, knowing their slow adoption of the latest hardware, I doubt this will make in for a few years.

EZEQUAL

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]these are intended for mobile devices , such as cell phones , and pcoket pc's any console already beats these things by a loooong shot , while they will record hd and such it is highly unlikely that any device they will be put on can actually do hd (keep inn mind teh smaller a screen is the smaller of resolution you would need to make a clear image). ie: a low resolution of 320x280 on a tiny 4-7 inch creen would look great , however that same 320x280 on a 20 inch or say a 40 inch screen would look like crap when you shrink a screen size it is the same as redefining what is hi def , there is no need for a small screen on a mobile device to catually do TRUE high def so i doubt this chip woyuld compete with consoles on that end[/citation]

Firstly displays are already at 800x480 (SDTV is ~640x480), secondly if you read tfa you would see that it has both monitor and HDMI out and this has ALREADY been demoed live so saying that its not possible yet is wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7R90A7ZqLU and the 650 is 1080p capeable.

I personally want this jammed in an HTC HD with a 720p mini multi touch display on it, 3.5mm jack and all the other good stuff like GPS, FM, Wifi a/b/g/n etc built in.

Status
Not open for further replies.