NVIDIA Tesla C1060 with GeForce 1070 Founder's Edition

Doombot1

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Hello!

I currently have a GeForce 1070 Founder's Edition GPU in my PC. My school just got rid of 2 working NVIDIA Tesla C1060s - one of which is going to my friend, and the other of which I plan on keeping. I do a lot of rendering and such, and I figured that because the card was free, and I have a large enough PSU, enough cooling, and don't pay for electricity (yay for university housing!), it couldn't hurt to just throw it in my PC and get a small boost of computing power. I realize it isn't much, but I'm not really looking for someone to tell me *not* to put it in. That's already been decided, regardless of whether or not it is the best course of action. But what I am wondering, is if there is a possible way to utilize the Tesla as solely GPU Compute power. Keep in mind that I haven't really used a Tesla before, so I am fairly unfamiliar with what it does, aside from the fact that it more or less gives extra computing power. Basically, is there a way I can use my 1070 and the C1060 in conjunction to, for instance, render a Blender animation faster, or something of the sort?

Thanks for the help - I appreciate it!

~DT

Solution
Typically, cycles uses all gpus but there is such a large difference in time and thus cuda version (or other software related capabilities) that it might not work. It doesn't hurt to try.