News Nvidia to Further Drop Prices of GeForce RTX 30-Series Boards in Coming Weeks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 23, 2022
Nvidia is so anti gamer I've pretty much given up on PC gaming. I hope they have to eat all those cards because they pandered to the crypto market.
I'm in the market for a card and hoping that Amd gives the better deals.

STILL waiting to see the prices drops on video cards Toms keeps releasing articles about. prices here, have barely dropped, if any.

Wait until September after the merge, millions of cards will flood the market!

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
@g-unit1111

hopefully, the worst is over.

but we never know. I always had this nagging feeling that the gpu crisis could suddenly come back.. which is the reason why I snagged a 3050 even if still above msrp at 320 usd here in my country.

Jun 23, 2022
I'm seriously hoping that the worst of the GPU shortage is over, but these days, you never know.
The worst is over. Think about it. Covid+crypto mining, you will never get that combination again. On top of that the recession is here and destroying spending allowances, not to mention everyone was getting money for free during covid and sitting at home, aka crazy computer spending for all those xhamster tabs.

Reactions: aalkjsdflkj

g-unit1111

Titan
The worst is over. Think about it. Covid+crypto mining, you will never get that combination again. On top of that the recession is here and destroying spending allowances, not to mention everyone was getting money for free during covid and sitting at home, aka crazy computer spending for all those xhamster tabs.

Yeah those are all good points. The Bitcoin crash too has a lot to do with it. But who knows what could happen in the coming months? I'm planning on buying a 3070 even though it's still a bit over MSRP before there's another crisis / shortage.

Reactions: Tac 25
Jun 23, 2022
Yeah those are all good points. The Bitcoin crash too has a lot to do with it. But who knows what could happen in the coming months? I'm planning on buying a 3070 even though it's still a bit over MSRP before there's another crisis / shortage.
The very least you can do is wait until September for the merge. You have nothing to lose but possibly much more to gain.

tom.m

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
STILL waiting to see the prices drops on video cards Toms keeps releasing articles about. prices here, have barely dropped, if any.

It's likely going to be two things and unless they fail, I wouldn't expect further (significant) price drops on top of the line. The two things:

• The RTX 2080 12gb version being produced again
  • The mid-range models getting the same deep price cuts
I wouldn't expect the 3090 Ti price to get much lower. It doesn't make sense for them to do that while they have so much wiggle room on the other models that are more popular to begin with.

Discounting the most expensive will get some on the fence enthusiasts to jump sure...but that's a small segment. Discounting the top of the line even more, before exploring those other options? I don't see it. Of course, if they still can't move the inventory, maybe they will revisit that.

Ogotai

Reputable
Feb 2, 2021
It's likely going to be two things and unless they fail, I wouldn't expect further (significant) price drops on top of the line. The two things:

• The RTX 2080 12gb version being produced again
  • The mid-range models getting the same deep price cuts
I wouldn't expect the 3090 Ti price to get much lower. It doesn't make sense for them to do that while they have so much wiggle room on the other models that are more popular to begin with.

Discounting the most expensive will get some on the fence enthusiasts to jump sure...but that's a small segment. Discounting the top of the line even more, before exploring those other options? I don't see it. Of course, if they still can't move the inventory, maybe they will revisit that.

i meant any price drops, from the 3060 to the 3090. even the prices on radeon cards havent dropped here.

Reactions: martinch

logainofhades

Titan

This could also be the calm before the storm, when you consider world events, in the region where all our tech gets made.

Reactions: Tac 25
Jun 23, 2022
This could also be the calm before the storm, when you consider world events, in the region where all our tech gets made.

If China invades Taiwan it'll be world War 3. The US can't have China as a monopoly on Taiwanese silicon tech. If that happens then getting a graphics card won't exactly be on my priority given how my ass would get drafted and shipped out lol.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
If China invades Taiwan it'll be world War 3. The US can't have China as a monopoly on Taiwanese silicon tech. If that happens then getting a graphics card won't exactly be on my priority given how my ass would get drafted and shipped out lol.

if China invades Taiwan, sadness for me.. there be no more Genshin Impact. China can't wage war and maintain an online game at the same time. /I'm joking of course

seriously though. War is tragedy, and hopefully does not happen.
__

anyway, back on topic Have observed at the many pc stores at the shopping mall near my area. There are 5 or 6 pc stores that sell gpu, and there are at least two stores where prices have dipped by a lot more than the others. Looks like they are trying to undercut the other stores, and gain more money while people are hyped on prices lowering (but still slightly above msrp). Although how long prices would dip is unknown..

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022
if China invades Taiwan, sadness for me.. there be no more Genshin Impact. China can't wage war and maintain an online game at the same time. /I'm joking of course

seriously though. War is tragedy, and hopefully does not happen.
__

anyway, back on topic Have observed at the many pc stores at the shopping mall near my area. There are 5 or 6 pc stores that sell gpu, and there are at least two stores where prices have dipped by a lot more than the others. Looks like they are trying to undercut the other stores, and gain more money while people are hyped on prices lowering (but still slightly above msrp). Although how long prices would dip is unknown..

Well Russia can't afford a war with Ukraine yet they still invaded. China is the same problem, mass quantities of overrated military trash but they have stupidity on their side do we will see. You can't overestimate the intelligence of politicians, they really are that dumb. I'll say again what I've been saying for a while now, wait for September when the used cards flood the market.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
The store with lower prices may have cleared out their older stock and are selling cards they recently purchased from distributors at lower prices allowing them to charge less. It takes time for prices up the chain to reach retail shelves.

ikernelpro4

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 4, 2018
Well Russia can't afford a war with Ukraine yet they still invaded. China is the same problem, mass quantities of overrated military trash but they have stupidity on their side do we will see. You can't overestimate the intelligence of politicians, they really are that dumb. I'll say again what I've been saying for a while now, wait for September when the used cards flood the market.
Russia-Ukraine -> Land invasion
China-Taiwan -> Amphibious invasion

China's Task in contrast to Russia is monumentally more difficult.
We are talking elementary school vs university.
This is not something where you throw a few boats into the mix.
Not that it's impossible but good luck to anyone trying something like that, it'll be the new dictionary definition of slaughterhouse.

And that is without US intervention which is certain given taiwan's chip stance in the world.
What's the point of halting China's Chip industdy if they can just take over TSMC without consequences.
The U.S has a great interest in keeping Taiwan an independent country.

Additionally, China saw how defiant the West was in sanctioning Russia despite all doubts.
China is not the big dragon everyone thinks they are, not that they are weak absolutely not but their propaganda is very strong. Keeping a billion people alive with a list of one crisis after another is reality.

During war, heatwaves and sanctions? Good luck, the people are already angry at the CCP for the covid lockdowns.

Last edited: