Question Nvidia Update killed Intel GPU controlled Display 2?

IncredibleHat

Commendable
Apr 15, 2020
So I though I would update my nvidia drivers today to 528.02 for my main monitor. After it was done, my second monitor (which is connected to the iGPU DP on the motherboard), went black.

Display 1: ASUS VG27BQ (via DisplayPort)
Display 2: ASUS VG248QE (via DisplayPort)

I go into System -> Display -> Advanced display, and it says "Display 2 isn't active." .... uh, but it is. It was. Its powered on, connected, everything as it was before I ran the nvidia update...... this was working perfectly as a second monitor off the iGPU for weeks.

I tried going into Device Manager and 'disable/enable' the second monitor and display. I've tried "Update Driver" on both, both say nothing is needed. I can't seem to get it back. It just stays black.

Edit: I did try all of this too: "Turn the computer off and on to refresh the connection. Use the monitor's built-in controls and select the correct input port. Check the signal cable connection between the monitor and the graphics card. Disconnect the signal cable from both ends, wait 60 seconds, and firmly reconnect it."

Windows 11
MSI Pro Z690A, i5 12600K, MSI RTX 3080 12GB, Corsair 32GB DDR5.

IncredibleHat

Commendable
Apr 15, 2020
This is all I can get it to do... it sees the monitor connected, but keeps saying its not active.

View: https://imgur.com/1oU5cWl

I just ran through DDU and ripped out nvidia, and intel gpu drivers, and it STILL wont come back. I have no idea what the problem is. Why did an nvidia driver update destroy my second monitor setup?

If I yank the DP cable out of the motherboard port, and stick it into a second 3080 DP slot, the monitor comes right up as a second monitor. But this some BS, because the iGPU was working just fine before.