Nvidia's GeForce Experience: Cloud-based Settings Optimizer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jewie27

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
[citation][nom]knowom[/nom]Sounds intriguing and interesting, but more then at little questionable at the same time. How exactly can it be possible for them to determine what's the optimal setting to the end user is the bottom line when some prefer image quality over performance and vice verse or some semblance of balance between the two?Manually tweaking settings is really the only way to do so for the true enthusiast tweaker, but I guess they can get it so roughly optimal with their approach using profiles centered around favoring performance or image quality or a balance in between that at the very least could significantly reduce the degree of manual tweaking even a critical person might need or want to perform.If it's virtually non obtrusive to the end user it should be a great thing is the bottom line I suppose. I'm hoping it can be setup to generally favor performance or image quality or some type of mixed balance between the two, but with the ability to easily override particular games if need be to something different that might be more favorable.[/citation]

It's called OPS. Optimal Playable Settings, the best graphics quality possible while maintaining 30 FPS or better.

jewie27

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
[citation][nom]Plasmid[/nom]Awesome idea from Nvidia makes me glad I bought a nvidia product. Nvidia has been stepping up their game lately![/citation]

High end gpu or go home, don't even waste your time with "mid-range".

Christian Soto

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
I used this, and it severely underestimates the ability of my rig. Games I can play on ultra at 40 fps, it wants to bring down to medium settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS