News Nvidia's GeForce RTX 2050, MX570, MX550 GPUs Arrive In Spring 2022

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

escksu

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 8, 2019
Yeah... I'm talking about laptop GPUs. And I was more talking about the 2050

Laptop market is very different from desktops and users are obviously different as well. No doubt there are those who needs high end GPUs in their laptops but there aren't that many. Most are just very casual gamers who needs something better than integrated GPU.

There is also power, heat, battery life and weight concerns. Not everyone wants to lug around a 2-3KG laptop. There are those wants a smaller and lighter laptop (less than 1.5K, 13-14" screen) but with some gaming capabilites. Such laptops have very limited space and cooling capacity, so high end and high power GPUs cant fit. This is where these GPUs come in.

Wait... There's reports the RTX2050 is based on GA107 (Ampere) and not Turing... What the hell, nVidia? Why? WHY?

Is that even true? How does that make any sense? It's like... I don't know... Why? XD

EDIT: I clearly missed it from the article itself, as it says so right there, lol!

Regards.

Last edited:
Wait... There's reports the RTX2050 is based on GA107 (Ampere) and not Turing... What the hell, nVidia? Why? WHY?

Is that even true? How does that make any sense? It's like... I don't know... Why? XD

EDIT: I clearly missed it from the article itself, as it says so right there, lol!

Regards.
And it's just a RTX 3050 with lower boost speeds.

However, normally NVIDIA and AMD try to sell off an older GPU model as a current generation GPU. This is an oddity.

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021

Regards.
Yeah, it's really strange considering they typically do the opposite. Like why not just call it the 3050 super?