News Nvidia's RTX 4070 Ti Gets Official: RTX 4080 12GB Resurrected for $799

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Heat_Fan89

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
Just Say No with a big giant "F". Console gaming is looking to be the best option at this point. Nvidia is pricing itself out with the average gamer and AMD as well if both continue this trend.

I will happily play Microsoft Flight Simulator in 4K @ 30FPS on my XBOX Series X and that only cost $499.

Fates_Demise

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2015
The RTX 4080 is at least 25% faster than the RTX 3090 which launched at $1,400. The RTX 4080 is $200 cheaper and it's faster. The name of the card doesn't mean anything. The RTX 4080 despite the price is a better bargain.

And if you go in the other direction with the 4070 TI taking inflation into account that also is not a terrible deal if it performs about the same as an rtx 3090/3090ti.

There's no written rule in the universe that says you have to be 30% faster every generation.

Your completely ignoring the 24gb vs 12gb memory, any application that uses over 12gb of memory gives the 3090 a massive advantage.

Jan 4, 2023
It is Nvidia that does not want to update cheaper cards and expects everyone to fork out unprecedented amounts of money for a GPU.

I hate to be the one to educate you, but Nvidia is a private company in the business of making money. If a product already exists and is fulfilling the need adequately, why spend the R&D time and resources reinventing the wheel? If it is now the #1 most used card like you say, obviously a few million people have found it up to the task.

And that low-power graphical solution you seek sounds like this thing called "integrated graphics". Enthusiast-level, high quality/high refresh graphics and ultra-low power consumption are a mutually exclusive, either-or thing. Otherwise, the GPU designers would take advantage of the excess power that is "still available" to push the card to a higher performance level. Anyone who worries about their GPU adding another $10 to the electric bill has found their way to the wrong forum; try googling "green agenda" or "Greta Thunberg" to find your way to "your" people.

PS: Yes, this is a new account and my first post, THAT'S how much your drivel irritated me.

SteveRNG

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2015
Just Say No with a big giant "F". Console gaming is looking to be the best option at this point. Nvidia is pricing itself out with the average gamer and AMD as well if both continue this trend.

I will happily play Microsoft Flight Simulator in 4K @ 30FPS on my XBOX Series X and that only cost $499.

As I was reading the preceding comments, I was thinking in this direction as well. I've been building my PCs from scratch since the mid 90s. Honestly, I've been playing controller-based games almost exclusively in the past decade (Damn you, From Software!). But I've also played Elite Dangerous and other FPS Keyboard and Mouse games. If XBOX and game developers would fully support mice, Keyboards, and Flight Controllers, I would happily switch to XBOX gaming where I could invest a few hundred dollars every 5 to 10 years to have a smooth graphics.

coolitic

Distinguished
May 10, 2012
As I was reading the preceding comments, I was thinking in this direction as well. I've been building my PCs from scratch since the mid 90s. Honestly, I've been playing controller-based games almost exclusively in the past decade (Damn you, From Software!). But I've also played Elite Dangerous and other FPS Keyboard and Mouse games. If XBOX and game developers would fully support mice, Keyboards, and Flight Controllers, I would happily switch to XBOX gaming where I could invest a few hundred dollars every 5 to 10 years to have a smooth graphics.
But the consoles of the current-gen cost more than PCs and still sell at a loss lmao

No one said you had to buy the over-priced, silicon behemoths that are the 40-series high-end. I personally will be looking to buy the best performing cards below a TDP of 200W to avoid cooking my room.