News Nvidia's RTX A6000: 48GB of Memory Powers Twice The Performance

waltc3

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
$650 "more"....MSRP for the 3090FE is $1599, according to nVidia. MSRPs for 3090 AIBs is no more than ~$2k. Looks like you are using scalper's pricing instead of the official MSRPs...:oops: Anyone would pay $4k for an AIB 3090 is nuts, imo. Also, wake me when you have one in your possession to test and aren't just rehashing nVidia's PR pages, courtesy of Puget Sound. Yes, for close to $5k it should be the fastest thing around...! Whew...

russell_john

Honorable
Mar 25, 2018
$650 "more"....MSRP for the 3090FE is $1599, according to nVidia. MSRPs for 3090 AIBs is no more than ~$2k. Looks like you are using scalper's pricing instead of the official MSRPs...:oops: Anyone would pay $4k for an AIB 3090 is nuts, imo. Also, wake me when you have one in your possession to test and aren't just rehashing nVidia's PR pages, courtesy of Puget Sound. Yes, for close to $5k it should be the fastest thing around...! Whew...

If you had actually followed the link provided you would see that Galax is indeed selling their top of the line RTX 3090 for $4000 on pre-order ..... In a professional situation if you can cut your rendering time by 20% you'll get that extra cost back in no time ....

The A6000 line is used professionally for more than just rendering graphics and you can virtualize several workstations each with a A6000 to create a supercomputer with massive amounts of parallel processing power for AI applications .... These are actually cheap in comparison to the advanced AI and cloud server boards that have 8 A100 GPUs and sell for $199,999 a pop ...... Microsoft recently bought over $200 million worth of these 8 A100 GPU boards for their Azure cloud servers ..... It's part of the reason there is a shortage of consumer devices from TSMC because the A100 and other Enterprise devices take precedent when it comes to manufacturing and then you have the devices for automobiles which are also in short supply sucking up manufacturing time ...... That's why RX 6000, Zen 3 CPUs and game consoles are as rare as hen's teeth right now ..... And it will remain that way as long as demand for Enterprise and professional devices remain high

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
I'm jealous that you beat me to being jealous about someone doing it before you...er...me.

Curious about what the performance is with simming on this card, though. Specifically, MSFS2020 @ 4K.
Something I've been curious for a long time, but I can't find a definite answer on. If Quadro Sync will work on the gaming cards. I know realistically it's expensive AF. Just wondering if it would work. LinusTechTips did something like that, 16 displays all together. But he used Quadro cards with the Quadro sync.

May 27, 2021
If you had actually followed the link provided you would see that Galax is indeed selling their top of the line RTX 3090 for $4000 on pre-order ..... In a professional situation if you can cut your rendering time by 20% you'll get that extra cost back in no time ....

The 3090 is actually faster than the A6000 in GPU renderering... benched at 7% faster in mine (Redshift)... and that is before overclocking... This is not surprising - Quadros have a lower power draw, are always clocked slower and were never made for speed. They are great for the other purposes you mentioned such as AI which are typically more scientific in nature.