Nvidia's Tegra 3 Optimizations: THD Android Games, Tested

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nvidia has never really focused on the product and always been about marketing. It works in places where they have a large market share but they can't use the same model if they want to enter a new market.

nleksan

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
So Nvidia is doing the same exact thing they attempted to do with PhysX, only in the mobile sector? Could it not have been simply summed up as such: "Nvidia pays to have visuals optimized for their chips, thereby selling more of their devices"?

I run GTX670's in my gaming rig, and I've used a GTX570 for PhysX on occasion (when not Folding), and I must admit that I love it. The PhysX effects are absolutely worth buying a GTS450/650 for, assuming you'll play at least 3-4 games with them, and then when you're done you can take the card out or use it to Fold.
However, buying a smartphone based on the particle and lighting effects in SOME games is just STUPID! I don't think "gaming" should be in the Top20 reasons for choosing a smartphone, unless you happen to be an 11 year old child.

Status
Not open for further replies.