doopster

Distinguished
May 7, 2002
I want to find a Geforce 4 MX card with dual monitor support. Every manufacturer says their MX cards have nView but none of the cards have two different monitor outs.

nView without two monitor outs is smelly crap.

Please can anyone give me the name of a Geforce 4 MX that has 2 VGA outs or VGA and DVI plus adaptor.

Thanks for your help in advance.

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
<A HREF="http://www.visiontek.com" target="_new">VISIONTEK VISIONTEK VISIONTEK VISIONTEK!</A>

nVidiot: Message board Troll employed by nVidia to terrorize aTidiots.

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Don't bother with a GF4 MX. Go for either a retail 8500 or a GF4 TI4200. The price isn't THAT much more, and you'll get an extra year or two out of the card for hardcore gaming, and more for light gaming and other uses. The 8500 is a bit cheaper, but the ti4200 is a little bit faster, and both have DVI and VGA outs.

I want to be your Opteron... Why don't you call my name - Peter Gabriel?

doopster

Distinguished
May 7, 2002
Thanks...right VisionTek nice name!

I'll check them.

Money is really tight. I am pushing to get this card. I don't live in the US and I don't earn much money (even though I work real hard heh heh).

I think the Geforce 4 mx has got a bad rep. The MX 440 has got heaps of memory bandwidth (especially compared to my TNT 2 M 64) and it cost almost 1/3 the price of a Ti. I don't know about all these new fandangled things in the Ti cards, when are games going to support them? (next year??)

Also if a card cost 1/3 price you can by a MX card this year and an MX card next year and an MX card the year after and you will have spent the same amount of money as a Ti 4600 but in 3 years you would still have a brand new card.

Ps
In New Zealand G4 MX 440s cost 1/4 price of Ti 4600 (thats 4 years worth of cards!!)

G

Look, if you want to save some money and get a card that will last a bit, avoid GF4MX and get a GF3Ti200. Cheap, fast and technically superior. If you can spent the extra ~70 US$ get a GF4 Ti 4200.

Duron700 MSI K7T Pro2
192MB RAM
Soundblaster Live Player 5.1
Asus V3400 TNT-TV

doopster

Distinguished
May 7, 2002
Geforce 3 is out of the question since it doesn't have dual monitor out. I need dual monitor out for doing money making work on my computer.

To be honest I don't need evil style super 3D gaming power as I would call myself an occasional player.

I play Civilisation 3 a great deal on my laptop for instance.

All I care about is memory bandwidth so I can play at high resolution or with AA.

thanks again!

starwrs3

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
if want to play games with aa theres no doubt you would need a geforce 4 TI they are far superior if you dont need the aa but would like to play at high re i would look at the r8500 which as vga and dvi output for under $150 us

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
your best option in the world for a graphics card on a lite budget is the Visiontek TI 4200. Hands down winner. Buy it, Love it, Play it.

Oh yea, forgot to mention, it won't be out for a couple more weeks probably, if you cant wait the TI 4400 is the best option right now for dual vidio at 300 dollars retail. Try <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com" target="_new">http://www.newegg.com</A> or something for reduced price.

nVidiot: Message board Troll employed by nVidia to terrorize aTidiots.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by williamc on 05/08/02 10:46 AM.</EM></FONT></P>