Question nvlddmkm + blocked from accessing graphics hardware issues. Any solutions or advice would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2022
My comp is now around 4 year old since I built it. Recently (after updating my nvidia) every time I try and play any game it freezes then crashes to desktop.

Apex gives me the 0x887A0006 "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" window, but games like TW:Warhammer III, Path of Exile, Skyrim, Titan Quest simply crash to desktop. The crash happens usually within 5 mins of starting any of the games up. I've tried underclocking my GPU and CPU overclocking them. I've done multiple DDU's and fresh driver installs after also doing multiple system restores. I've tried old drivers and new & I've tried reseating the GPU using the PCIE8x and reseating my memory.

The following error also happens 1 second after the Event ID 0. "Application r5apex.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware. (Event ID: 4109)" This also happens if the game is ran as Admin or use the administrator profile on the computer.

I've also had the following errors as well: "The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found" & "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I've set the power plan to High performance, I've tried adding each game in Graphics settings and setting high performance. While running MSI Afterburner the card is very stable then once the crash happens GPU + Memory speed falls off. I've also tried running them in compatibility mode & changing permissions on certain keys in the registry. My most recent set of DDU + Windows restore now has "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID " show up in the event view.

I've also tried cmd to sfc /scannow but nothing shows as corrupt, same when doing DISM as well. I've also ran windows memory diagnostic and the memory has no issues either.

my Bios is up to date and I've had all drivers up to date as well.

My system is:
  • Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
  • Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
  • Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7Ghz
  • T Force Pro Dark 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB)
  • Super Flower Leadex GOLD 550W
  • Asus GeForce RTX 2080Ti ROG Strix OC 11264MB GDDR6
  • Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250gb
  • WD Blue 3D NAND SSD 1TB
Windows is currently up to date and I'm currently on Nvidia Driver 516.94.

Any help would be appreciated as I feel like I've tried everything.

Ralston18

Titan
Is that Super Flower PSU the original PSU?

You are getting the error codes/events via Apex's system software - correct?

Look in Windows 10's tools: Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either tool or both may be capturing some error code, warning, or even an informational event just before or at the time of the crashes.

Start with Reliability History - much more user friendly and uses a timeline format that can be very revealing.

Look for increasing numbers of errors and varying errors. That, to me anyway, is an indication of a faltering/failing PSU.

Also: is all important data backed up at least 2 X to locations off of the problem computer? Verify that the backups are recoverable and readable.

Aug 31, 2022
Is that Super Flower PSU the original PSU?

You are getting the error codes/events via Apex's system software - correct?

Look in Windows 10's tools: Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either tool or both may be capturing some error code, warning, or even an informational event just before or at the time of the crashes.

Start with Reliability History - much more user friendly and uses a timeline format that can be very revealing.

Look for increasing numbers of errors and varying errors. That, to me anyway, is an indication of a faltering/failing PSU.

Also: is all important data backed up at least 2 X to locations off of the problem computer? Verify that the backups are recoverable and readable.

I'm only getting the 0x887A0006 "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG from Apex, the rest are from event viewer.

Yes the Super flower was the original PSU.

The full event viewer log is this:

"The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 100

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table"

Ralston18

Titan
Do you have to physically turn off the computer in some manner in order to reboot? I.e., the PSU switch, case switch, or perhaps a power bar?

Try running "sfc /scannow" and "dism" again.

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

Reinstall any reported driver problems directly. Manually download the drivers directly from the applicable manufacturer's websites. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party installers or tools.

Do you have a multi-meter and know how to use it? Or know someone who does?

Status
Not open for further replies.