[SOLVED] NVLink/SLI Help

Jun 9, 2020
I currently have a EVGA 2080 Super XC Ultra, and my friend has a EVGA 2080 Super Black. Will I be able to run them in SLI if I buy his card? (Getting a great deal on it too, only $500)

Solution
Yes as long as your mobo supports it but SLI is near pointless in 2020. Almost no games use it well, with most games running the same, someonly a few percent better performance, and some even running worse . SlI for gaming is dead and has been for several years.

Now if you have a specific game or application in mind you know will take advantage of the tech then there shouldnt be problems, however as I said dont expect performance to scale up alot if any in most games and applications.

I would say save your money.
Yes as long as your mobo supports it but SLI is near pointless in 2020. Almost no games use it well, with most games running the same, someonly a few percent better performance, and some even running worse . SlI for gaming is dead and has been for several years.

Now if you have a specific game or application in mind you know will take advantage of the tech then there shouldnt be problems, however as I said dont expect performance to scale up alot if any in most games and applications.

Solution
Jun 9, 2020

I still play GTA 5 and Fallen Order, 2 games that greatly benefit from SLI, but ill have to benchmark them with both. I know this guy so I know he would let me hook up the cards before I buy them