Question Nvme Asus Formula VII

Ryskle

Commendable
Dec 11, 2020
Hello,
I'm looking to set up a NVMe SSD on a Asus Formula VII motherboard using a PCIe adaptor. And i want to know if this will impact my GPU speed.

To be clear :
I have a Asus Formula Vii motherboard
Cpu i7-4790k
Gpu 1080ti installed on the PCIe 3.0 16x slot

First question : By adding the NVMe SSD with the m.2 to PCIe adaptor on the second or third PCIe slot of my motherboard, will this have an impact on my gpu speed as i know that the sli configuration transform the first PCIe slot from 16x to 8x ? Is this also the case when plugging the NVMe pcie adaptor ?

Second question : will my NVMe have it full speed working also ? And can i boot on it ?

Thanks a lot for your help and understanding

I already have the NVMe SSD waiting. And i want to use it through the adaptor which i didn't bought yet there is PCIe 4x ones and PCIe16x ones available for information if that matter

Do you know that the difference in OS loading, games loading and programs loading will be exactly the same with a NVMe vs a normal SATA SSD?

The only real way to see the NVMe speed is when you transfer files from and to another or the same NVMe SSD.

Let me check your manual.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3AMz-xZ2VM

Ryskle

Commendable
Dec 11, 2020

Well, i know but as i said i already have the NVMe i want to use it on the pc nothing more, wasn't my choice.

Trying to find the best way to set it up with my actual hardware.

Ryskle

Commendable
Dec 11, 2020

Ryskle

Commendable
Dec 11, 2020
After all tests this us the answer to help others :
Using NVMe on PCIe make GPU work at 8x 3.0 with 0.008% impact in performance.

Otherside, the nvme works at full speed on 3.0 8x and at 2.0 with 53% reading speed loss. Writing speed remain same on both PCIe setup

TRENDING THREADS