Question NVME DRIVE NOT SHOWING UP IN BIOS as boot drive

Feb 25, 2024
So recently I was tweaking my memory speeds up and down in the bios (trying to find the sweet spot) then suddenly my pc wouldn't boot to BIOS at first I was pretty calm because it happened to me already a lot of time. So I just do what I usually do which is reset the bios (remove CMOS then slap it back again) then finally it booted to the BIOS but then I was wondering why I wasn't booting to windows, then I noticed my nvme drive wasnt even showing in the boot list and even in the storage devices.

I already tried a lot of things, reattaching the nvme drive, messing with the UEFI/Legacy things, enabled CSM and also tried disabling it and even tried enabling raid because I saw someone in youtube had an additional settings to enable m.2 when they used Raid; All of this but to no avail

Is there anything else I could do before I come to the conclusion that something is wrong with my drive, because I definitely think there isn't one additional thing that I forgot to try was updating the motherboard's bios but I doubt I t would really do anything; please help meeeee

Mobo: MSI a320m-a pro M2
NVME drive: Kingston nv2

So recently I was tweaking my memory speeds up and down in the bios (trying to find the sweet spot) then suddenly my pc wouldn't boot to BIOS at first I was pretty calm because it happened to me already a lot of time. So I just do what I usually do which is reset the bios (remove CMOS then slap it back again) then finally it booted to the BIOS but then I was wondering why I wasn't booting to windows, then I noticed my nvme drive wasnt even showing in the boot list and even in the storage devices.

I already tried a lot of things, reattaching the nvme drive, messing with the UEFI/Legacy things, enabled CSM and also tried disabling it and even tried enabling raid because I saw someone in youtube had an additional settings to enable m.2 when they used Raid; All of this but to no avail

Is there anything else I could do before I come to the conclusion that something is wrong with my drive, because I definitely think there isn't one additional thing that I forgot to try was updating the motherboard's bios but I doubt I t would really do anything; please help meeeee

Mobo: MSI a320m-a pro M2
NVME drive: Kingston nv2
Try to reset the bios, update to the latest bios (you need a flashdrive and separate device to format the drive to fat32 if you didnt, if it's already fat32 then put the bios file there and plug it to rear usb port), and see if you could see the m.2 drive.

Feb 25, 2024
Try to reset the bios, update to the latest bios (you need a flashdrive and separate device to format the drive to fat32 if you didnt, if it's already fat32 then put the bios file there and plug it to rear usb port), and see if you could see the m.2 drive.
Omg you even linked the bios file, I already have a flash drive ready but I think I'll do it later (it's 4 am where I live) thank you I will be back with you again:)

Reactions: Koekieezz
Feb 25, 2024
So I was able to update the bios successfully, unfortunately it still isn't able to detect my nvme drive, is there any other way/solution I can try? Cause my drive definitely works in my setup before I'd even reset my bios, and there was a lot of times I had to reset my bios but this was the only time this scenario happened

So I was able to update the bios successfully, unfortunately it still isn't able to detect my nvme drive, is there any other way/solution I can try? Cause my drive definitely works in my setup before I'd even reset my bios, and there was a lot of times I had to reset my bios but this was the only time this scenario happened
You should try the nvme in other system to see if it's actually the nvme or something up with your board.