[SOLVED] NVME M.2 (MKey) to PCIE Adapter

alkingrey

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2012
I have a B450 Tomahawk Max and two V-NAND SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 (Model MZ-V7E500) My MoBo only has one NVMe M.2 Slot and it cancels out two of my Sata Drives, I would REALLY like to be able to use both of my 970s (I have a Third that is a M.2 but idk what key it is and I think it's sata not NVMe) my question is Do they make a PCIe adapter that would work & How much speed if any will I Lose, if it's still fast enough for Gaming I would even settle for a Single 970 to PCIe and leave my other connected to my board,

I just didn't want to order one that wouldn't fit my brand(I did that already for the 3rd M.2 SSD I have With a Portable SSD Case)

Any Help would be GREATLY Appreciated.

Thanks- Alec

Solution
So which of these would give me the best speeds?
Those 2 are basically the same. Both are x4.

If you want full speed for your second NVME drive, then either
put M.2 to PCIE adapter in first PCIE x16 slot (and move graphics card to second PCIE x16 slot) or​
get a new motherboard with more M.2 slots.​

alkingrey

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2012
Those 2 are basically the same. Both are x4.

If you want full speed for your second NVME drive, then either
put M.2 to PCIE adapter in first PCIE x16 slot (and move graphics card to second PCIE x16 slot) or​
get a new motherboard with more M.2 slots.​

Will moving My GPU effect it in any way?

I've been trying to Upgrade My GPU & MoBo, Currently have a Sapphire 5700XT pulse & a B450 Tomahawk Max with a AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
I just can't Decide Between these two ASUS MoBo or Gigabyte MoBo cause I'm just NOT a fan of this MSI board, it's the first time I ever bought a board that wasn't Gigabyte/ASUS
And I can't find a MSRP RTX30XX series card ANYWHERE, don't get me wrong this is my first AMD Card and honestly I really really like it, but I just really want some 2nd gen Ray Tracing and the cost/preformance of the Nvidia GPUs is too good to pass up when they come back in stock at normal prices.

Last edited: